Steiner’s new scopes

Casscade

Wonder where these will fall in the mix. It's hard to find much in Steiner scopes especially the hunting line like the Predator 4 and now apparent the 8. That T6 looks pretty good on paper though.

I sure hope the T6Xi release is much better than the T5Xi release. I had an early T5Xi 5-25x56 (first production group released) and had no end to the problems with it. Back to Steiner 3 times, and still not right, so I sold it after 6 months at a 40% loss.

Looks like the dropped the old T5Xi line altogether.

Yeah that may be why they keep changing models. A bud of mine picked up a Predator 4 not long ago on sale and so far it's been good, great glass and looks good but to early to tell on durability. It's strictly a hunting scope though with very little adjustment.

2-16 is 23 oz has 62 foot low end fov, side focus, capped windage, and illumination. Could be a winner if it's reliable.

I have a pair of Steiner binos, 10x42. There great. But the lower end scopes are like other German lower end scopes, made somewhere else. Think low priced Sig and Zeise. Doesn't mean its not a good scope. I've got a Burris Signature HD with zero stop and E3 reticle. Very good without breaking the bank account.

I also have been using Steiner peregrine 10x42 binos for last 14 years and love them. Not sure why their scope line doesnt get much love.

Any attempt at a new design is a welcome thing. 2x wide erector ratio scopes could really fill the void between lpvo and the prs style scopes that get the most play time.

Over 50 ft low end fov, decently high upper end power, capped windage illumination, reasonable weight and size could be good on the predator 8. But real world is always the true test.

I just picked up a predator 8 4-32 for an amazing price… I didn't need the upper end magnification, but for the price I got it at… hard to beat. Glass is really good and at the same magnification as my Razor LHT 3-15x50, appeared to my old eyes way better. Only time I will probably ever utilize the max range would be when just to spot bullet holes on a target or trying to utilize it to verify antler counts. i am actually contemplating purchasing and replacing the 4-32 with either the 3-24 or the 2-16 to put on my hunting rifle.

just trying to figure out what size rings I would need for my Bighorn TL3 with a proof carbon barrel in a KRG X-RAY.