Speed goat not so speedy anymore

0002s

New Mexico / 6.5 PRC Browning X-Bold HC / 127 Barnes.

Wasn't too far, drop like you flipped a switch.

7EFA745A-F4DE-4D9E-BCEA-EAFCC27B5DBE.JPG
IMG_2510.jpg
21FD4DCA-EB20-436E-A928-4FC7E833B7D6.JPG
IMG_2550.jpg

IMG_2557.jpg

Right on. Everyone seems to think the Barnes will just poke a hole on light game at distance. That certainly didn't happen here.
It's hard to find the entrance wounds. It's about the diameter of a pencil. There is no doubt about the exit wounds. The lungs were shredded and part of the heart. I've yet to recover a bullet on anything I've shot with this rifle/round. They aren't hard to kill...lol.

It's hard to find the entrance wounds. It's about the diameter of a pencil. There is no doubt about the exit wounds. The lungs were shredded and part of the heart. I've yet to recover a bullet on anything I've shot with this rifle/round. They aren't hard to kill...lol.

That's a critter I'd like to hunt one day. They do live in Saskatchewan but a lot further south than where I am. I hear they're very tasty, albeit there's not that much meat on them.

Here is the exit on a sheep I shot with the same round at 380ish. The goat looked the same. The bullet at muzzle is 3250ish. It's like a 257 Weatherby type damage.

View attachment 493484
Interesting you mention that cartridge. I plan to take my usual whitetail with a 257 bee with November. But pushing the envelope on bullet performance in the interest of learning: I've got a load worked up with a 75 grain hammer hunter doing 4150 feet per second.