South Texas Whitetails

Spino

10pt 6+yrs scored 150" High Rack. Friend shot this one..
IMG_0061-1.jpg

IMG_0052.jpg

I shot this one with the camera ~ he's only about 4yrs old and I put him in the mid 150's.. Hope he gets better:

IMG_0037.jpg

10ptlookingaway.jpg

AfterChristmasRut020.jpg

Other deer shot with the camera:

IMG_0006-1.jpg

continued:

Various028.jpg

Looks like there is another tree growing there:
Various034.jpg

This big guy was about 350yds out there ~ he's a 10pt and good looking deer.
Various020.jpg

Another 10pt ~ mature deer:
IMG_0089.jpg

This deer was shot ~ big no-no he was only 3yrs of age & had matching kickers on his G2's.. This guy probably would have grown into a monster:
IMG_0088.jpg

IMG_0083-1.jpg

Thanks Len,

We have been managing the best that we can for the last 6yrs.. Our hunting is different (private land) than most areas. We have the luxury of letting them grow till full maturity. The only draw back to this is when they cross the fence over into somebody elses ranch that is not practicing the same principles/management that we are is ~ they can be shot....

wow that buck is a tank....

Jason

Jason,

thanks for your comments, but this guys is a little on the smaller side. Let me share a couple of pictures of a mature 7yr old that I think is probably the biggest deer that I have photographed here in South Texas. Remember that genetics play a big part here as well... Here is a tank:

Dec282930021.jpg

EastWestFenceTripod067.jpg

Dec282930020-1.jpg

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.