Some help with load data

bushwackr

Hello all I was able to get out and shoot a little today. 80 deg hot and humid but was able to play. My load I played with was 78 gr of rl25 and 162 eldx , just picked a load to get the rifle pretty well sighted. I must have got the bore sighting close, 5 shots at 100 with 3 clean holes and one 8. So I am very happy with it so far. So I came home so see what I can figure out for the bullets I want to shoot and I really can't find any info. I'd appreciate some help if someone has time to. I want to shoot 150 gr badlands precision bullets and use rl25 if possible. Seems like the rifle likes it, but I really haven't done much playing with bullets that doesn't have any starting data.

Attachments

• 20240721_130445.jpg
    20240721_130445.jpg
    216.5 KB · Views: 80
Hello all I was able to get out and shoot a little today. 80 deg hot and humid but was able to play. My load I played with was 78 gr of rl25 and 162 eldx , just picked a load to get the rifle pretty well sighted. I must have got the bore sighting close, 5 shots at 100 with 3 clean holes and one 8. So I am very happy with it so far. So I came home so see what I can figure out for the bullets I want to shoot and I really can't find any info. I'd appreciate some help if someone has time to. I want to shoot 150 gr badlands precision bullets and use rl25 if possible. Seems like the rifle likes it, but I really haven't done much playing with bullets that doesn't have any starting data.

I would not expect a 150gr mono-metal bullet to shoot the same, or even similar, to a 162 ELD-X bullet. You need to work up a load for the bullet you intend to use.

Does Badlands provide and loading data? If not, you can probably use starting data for a 150gr Barnes bullet and work up watching for early pressure signs.

No there is no data for badlands that I have seen. I was wondering about starting with barnes data. Thought that should be a better starting point. Although I have nothing against the eldx. I was considering even trying the 175s I have. It shows potential for the first test loads out of the rifle. Maybe I stumbled on a good one and just refine from there

Yes it is a 7 stw, no I didn't look for it yet, I figured I have had a battle trying to find anything on these bullets.
Yes I have a chronograph, im just more concerned about getting a safe starting point. Then I can start working with it.

Whatever bullet you're using call that manufacturers tech line
and ask what data they have developed. HTH

Badlands doesn't publish load data. They do recommend using 10% below Nosler data or use Barnes data. I've used Barnes data with excellent results in the 3 different loads/cartridges I shoot Badlands in. George at Badlands is always helpful as well. Good luck, start low, and work up.

No there is no data for badlands that I have seen. I was wondering about starting with barnes data. Thought that should be a better starting point. Although I have nothing against the eldx. I was considering even trying the 175s I have. It shows potential for the first test loads out of the rifle. Maybe I stumbled on a good one and just refine from there
If I'm not mistaken....Re-loader has closed their doors...you might want to check before you develop any loads using it