Snake boots, which ones are you using and why ?

Turtle skin. Comfortable and they work. Same stuff cops use for gloves and searching perps for dirty needles. I've watched video of snakes bitting them and tried to stick needles in them. They make them knee high and crotch high.

I had one turkey hunter get hit an inch or so above the knee, once. All he got was a slight bruise, as we made all our hunters wear snake boots, or the snake-chaps we furnished.
I lived in my snake boots, when on the ranch, but never took a hit. Southwest Texas is no place to go unprotected in the field. After viewing a few big Rattlers in the 6 foot category, we had no trouble getting the hunters to wear the boots or chaps.

I got a pair, not sure who makes them.. from academy 150 bucks.. zip up the inside. I wear them all the time trapping and hunting, They seem to be waterproof,,idk maybe they're snake proof like they say too.. If you have them on snakes can't sense body heat from your legs,,..(I been told)

I've never had a waterproof snake boot from basspro stay waterproof. Also figured there was a good chance a diamondback would strike higher than the boot. Pygmys would strike the boot though.…We see more of those in Florida.

morning, probably the ones without pace makers. carry a couple
of pairs of the elder peoples pull on underwear. couple of shots
of wild turkey.
justme gbot tum

I actually got bit once, we were camping on Easter weekend in 2016 and bang, worst thing is it happened an hour after we finished setting up camp, didn't even get to spend a night out Lol. After that when it gets a little warm I wear them just in case. Thankfully it wasnt bad, it was an adult and it got me as I was walking away. The other bad part, the worst one, the darn hospital bill.

I got the Irish Setter Vaprtek's, they are comfortbale and have taken them hunting a few times in areas the grass is too tall where you can't keep checking for them rattlerls, other wise you're hunting snakes instead of Deer or Javelina.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.