Smokepole Tom

Buckskinner

Took a nice bird with the flintlock yesterday! Fun hunt had 4 jakes, 6 hens and 4 toms in front of me for about 20 minutes before he got close enough. Picked out the boss and took the shot at 25 yards, he ran off but staggering hard, went about 40 yards over a little knoll jakes in tow. Was a little concerned until I saw the heads of the jakes in a circle picking at something and knew it was a done deal!

Kinda bummed it's over so fast but kids have tags coming up in next couple season so more action in store...
20240418_072046.jpg

Congratulations and that's a nice looking flintlock!

We've got a couple weeks before the season starts here also.
Thanks, I built it from a Jim Chambers kit a few years ago, which is a bag of rough parts and a nice piece of walnut that resembled a stock. Very high-quality kit, don't get me wrong but takes a lot of work. Was my third flintlock that I built from him and probably have 120 or so hours into it. My first build, probably double that, learned a lot...

Took a nice bird with the flintlock yesterday! Fun hunt had 4 jakes, 6 hens and 4 toms in front of me for about 20 minutes before he got close enough. Picked out the boss and took the shot at 25 yards, he ran off but staggering hard, went about 40 yards over a little knoll jakes in tow. Was a little concerned until I saw the heads of the jakes in a circle picking at something and knew it was a done deal!

Kinda bummed it's over so fast but kids have tags coming up in next couple season so more action in store...View attachment 565046
Did you build your flintlock? That is a nice fowler.

Kinda bummed it's over so fast but kids have tags coming up in next couple season so more action in store...View attachment 565046
All I can say is WOW and CONGRATS!!!!!