Smallish 375 cal Muzzle Brake?

Hoss50

I am working on putting a new rifle together in 9.3x62 (.366). Recoil I supposed to be along the lines of 300 win mag. This gun is going to be kinda light, not Mtn Rifle, but lighter. Carbon fiber stock, 20" barrel, savage action.

Does anyone know of a smaller self timing muzzle brake for a 375 caliber with 5/8×24 threads? I am waiting on the barrel right now. The stock arrived today. I need to order some bottom metal and a bolt face.

Thanks
Harley

I am working on putting a new rifle together in 9.3x62 (.366). Recoil I supposed to be along the lines of 300 win mag. This gun is going to be kinda light, not Mtn Rifle, but lighter. Carbon fiber stock, 20" barrel, savage action.

Does anyone know of a smaller self timing muzzle brake for a 375 caliber with 5/8×24 threads? I am waiting on the barrel right now. The stock arrived today. I need to order some bottom metal and a bolt face.

Thanks
Harley
Muzzle diameter?

Muzzle diameter?
Shaws website says .705.

Also I forgot to mention I much prefer directional brakes.

I had thought about having a 338 bored, but wanted to see if anyone had an off the shelf before I got into extra work.

Thanks
Harley

Not certain what a "self timing" brake is, but when I had my 375 AI built with the lightest contour barrel that Douglas offered…..It had a "Slimline" put on it, which was the same contour as the barrel. It was very effective, but I quickly learned that I hate muzzle brakes. I took it off and seem to have lost it! Thankfully in 1990, it wasn't a huge investment! memtb

Not certain what a "self timing" brake is, but when I had my 375 AI built with the lightest contour barrel that Douglas offered…..It had a "Slimline" put on it, which was the same contour as the barrel. It was very effective, but I quickly learned that I hate muzzle brakes. I took it off and seem to have lost it! Thankfully in 1990, it wasn't a huge investment! memtb
It will probably get shot more with a suppressor, but I like to have both options available when needed.

It will probably get shot more with a suppressor, but I like to have both options available when needed.

I'd like to have a suppressor. However, I have issues in dealing with government involvement and the long, heavy object on the end of my hunting rifle barrel. I want nothing more than 24" total barrel length on my hunting rifle. Maybe that comes from years of hunting where 50 yards was a long shot….and I still like to hunt where things can be "up close and personal"! 😁

On a rifle not to be used as a hunting rifle…..I'd love a suppressor!

Yes, I have issues not easily corrected! 😜 memtb

I'd like to have a suppressor. However, I have issues in dealing with government involvement and the long, heavy object on the end of my hunting rifle barrel. I want nothing more than 24" total barrel length on my hunting rifle. Maybe that comes from years of hunting where 50 yards was a long shot….and I still like to hunt where things can be "up close and personal"! 😁

On a rifle not to be used as a hunting rifle…..I'd love a suppressor!

Yes, I have issues not easily corrected! 😜 memtb
I understand. I built a 26" 257 weatherby before I had suppressors and don't think I will use 1 on it because of the length.

Now that I have 1 though I am planning rifles around the idea of shorter barrels to use with suppressors. I am working on a 20" 9.3x62 right now. I almost ordered it at 18" but couldn't bring myself to cut it that short.