Skunk down!

My buddy has/had a bad skunk problem in his barn. We have trapped and shot over 20 in the last year. First one he seen in his barn and decided it would be a good idea to shoot it with his .270 from about 5 yards away...didn't work out so well for him.

He has since been sprayed about 4 times and once by one that was lying dead for about 5 minutes before it let loose,he thought the head shot stopped it from spraying then when he went in for a closer look after no smell it got him.

My buddy has/had a bad skunk problem in his barn. We have trapped and shot over 20 in the last year. First one he seen in his barn and decided it would be a good idea to shoot it with his .270 from about 5 yards away...didn't work out so well for him.

He has since been sprayed about 4 times and once by one that was lying dead for about 5 minutes before it let loose,he thought the head shot stopped it from spraying then when he went in for a closer look after no smell it got him.

Being sprayed by a dead skunk? Now there's a blast from the past! That's hilarious - not for your buddy I'm sure, but pretty entertaining to think about the look of surprise that was probably on his face when he got hosed down by a dead skunk. Too funny.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.