Sightron Zero Stop Turret issue

Jud96

I just purchased a Sightron SIII 8-32x56 with zero stop and MOA-2 reticle. My question is, does anyone else have this scope and struggle to see the reference line for the scope adjustments? Below is a picture of what I'm talking about. That isn't my scope in the photo but looks just like my turret except mine is in MOA. When I am behind the rifle I can't see the reference line to tell where I'm at when dialing up. I can see the numbers on the turret but have no clue if I'm on 5 MOA or 5.5 MOA because I can't see the line clearly. Anyone else have this issue? Thank you.
52A02889-660D-4307-97FB-BBA6E9ECAB76.jpeg

Mark you zero stop like huskemaw scopes have on theirs then cut or file a small line in zero stop paint it should be able to see it then excuse me if I'm not seeing the zero stop right and this wouldn't work but looks kind of like their set up. David

Mark you zero stop like huskemaw scopes have on theirs then cut or file a small line in zero stop paint it should be able to see it then excuse me if I'm not seeing the zero stop right and this wouldn't work but looks kind of like their set up. David
Thank you for the suggestion! That's exactly what I'm going to do. I watched a video on Huskemaw zero stop and it's almost identical to this one. Thank you!

Thank you for the suggestion! That's exactly what I'm going to do. I watched a video on Huskemaw zero stop and it's almost identical to this one. Thank you!
It looked like it was but pictures can be deceiving and I didn't want to tell you something wrong because I've never handled that scope and people get hyper critical sometimes so glad I could help. David

It looked like it was but pictures can be deceiving and I didn't want to tell you something wrong because I've never handled that scope and people get hyper critical sometimes so glad I could help. David
Thank you! Yeah I didn't even realize Huskemaw had a similar zero stop. Thanks again

Yes, don't cut or file the zero stop, you want to be able to change its location if needed.
I'm going to put 4 evenly spaced lines around the zero stop. That is how Huskemaw does there's and it looks like it works really similar

I used a white paint pen to make a carefully aligned witness mark on top of my ring cap that lines up with zero. As I peek up over the top of the scope it's easy to see where the turret is set. A silver sharpie would work just as well probably

I'm going to put 4 evenly spaced lines around the zero stop. That is how Huskemaw does there's and it looks like it works really similar
My to huskemaw scopes both have a light line grooved in the ring with white paint in it it won't hurt putting a small groove in it to hold the paint so it doesn't rub off

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.