Sierra Gamechanger bullets.

055E77B3-B9BF-4F58-AB6D-8C3CE3E60FDB.jpeg
Thus far guys...unimpressed. Found very little blood like it was a gut shot. Found her about 50yds into the thick stuff 100yds or so in the CRP. Like i thought full moon coyotes got her. But the shot was perfect right behind the front shoulder. I know every animal isn't the same this happens but lord the blood trail i found today with light was minuscule as could be.

She was further than i thought but dialed appropriately. The SIG has been high by a tenth or two on all my guns with AB lite. She was exactly 400yds. 1.8 mils was on the money as the 165gr game changer at 2755 pretty much equals my 130gr eld m at 2815. Out to 600 elevation has been the same.

Last edited:
That's fair i couldn't find anything last night. Certainly hoped they wouldn't get her but had a feeling they would. I was worried if she wasn't hit as well as i thought that I'd run her into a swamp and lose her. But lost her anyway. Blowing my mind with the blood trail though. I dunno if i would've caught it last night. I'm talking drops like she was gut shot. But yeah should've kept looking.

Last edited:
That's fair i couldn't find anything last night. Certainly hoped they wouldn't get her but had a feeling they would. I was worried if she wasn't hit as well as i thought that I'd run her into a swamp and lose her. But lost her anyway. Blowing my mind with the blood trail though. I dunno if i would've caught it last night. I'm talking drops like she was gut shot. But yeah should've kept looking.

You can just go take another, no?

You can just go take another, no?
Yes if i have time. Season ends this weekend I'm sure my brother will be home if I'm not too swamped from dental school I'm going to try and make it back. Question will be if he feels like taking a doe or hunting horns. I've been trying to get him to shoot one with that bullet for weeks. He cares more about ducks despite having dropped a pretty penny on his first custom rifle.

Looks like you have a serious coyote situation if they did that in one night, dang.

Yeah I've never seen anything like that before. I've had them go at a deer i couldn't find but nothing to this extent. I knew we had quite a bit but maybe it's a great deal more than i realized. I think it's more of the conditions. Water everywhere, Temps in the 20s, they're probably just in packs cluttered and we're hungry. I know between them and the hawks our rabbit population is suffering pretty bad.

You would be amazed at how fast a Full grown cow gets ate when the yotes find it.

Not surprised @ the deer being ate. I would never leave a animal around here like that. Theres a good chance you would never get it from the yotes.

Glad you found it though!

When the temps drop they get on them fast. Once one is on them the rest come in this time of year. They are far less apt to eat a deer during warmer bow season weather maybe the tongue and around the wound but usually they let it sit a bit.

Thus far, reports seem to be inconclusive. Guess we'll have to go through another season to get more feedback.

I've got one more weekend and thirty bullets left. I've seen the same though results on the hide and here are inconsistent to say the least. Though i can't say for sure the bullet didn't do it's job on that doe she didn't run that far. I just wanted more blood.

Currently my Kahles is on his rifle and i reload for him so i don't imagine he'll be upset about me taking a doe before season ends. Maybe get a closer shot like 200-300yd. Question is should i go high shoulder or behind the shoulder?

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.