Scuba Pics

Got certified when I was 15 now I'm 60 but I have not been diving in over 20 years.
Definitely another world down there and so beautiful!
There are two sides to that story. I got certified to dive at 15, but at 22 I got certified by LA Fire S
Got certified when I was 15 now I'm 60 but I have not been diving in over 20 years.
Definitely another world down there and so beautiful!
There's another side to that beauty – as you'll see. I got certified to dive at age 15. At age 23 I got certified by LA County Fire for S & R. (coveted license # 68)I dove for them, Orange County, and then some Midwest assistance. I didn't take pictures – didn't want the enduring memories. Last straw for me was in Iowa in the late '70s. Did an under-ice rescue. 2 guys, 2 girls, alcohol, -10 out. Driving around partying, had their gear in the car. Saw a fairly small pond, the guys chopped a hole in the ice and dove in. After 2 hours of nothing, the girls finally panicked and called for help. They never found their hole to get out. OOOOPs. Got the call, found them both, did the recovery – then found out that I knew both of them. It was a heartbreaker to have to deal with such outrageous stupidity.

My daughter also cannot equalize her sinuses to SCUBA depth; not that uncommon. We've done lots of free diving and snorkeling in Grand Cayman though. The reef really comes alive at night.

Gorgeous pictures, thanks for posting.

Got certified around 40 years ago and dove a lot in my 20's and 30's here in east central FL. Not great vis in our area but a plenty of fish and lobsters to hunt.

Haven't been in 20 or more years and do miss those days. It's an amazing world below. Still have some gear around but wouldn't trust it.

For a outdoorsman, spearfishing is the best of both worlds. (Hunting and fishing). Nothing else compares imo
IMG_2379.jpeg

IMG_2391.jpeg
IMG_2389.jpeg