Scope Recommendations for ELR - both hunting and range applications

Update to the thread
I ordered scopes from Midway and Euro optics. The last company I ordered from was Natchezz. I have great feedback on all the companies, great service, fast shipping, and easy to deal with, except Natchezz.
They called to verify the order on day 2 after I purchased it online and paid, fine but why did it take 2 days? Then I was assured the scope would ship today by noon and it has not shipped. Everyone I spoke to was rude and made me feel like they were doing me a favor for me to spend 2900 bucks on a scope. I emailed the contact I was working with today to cancel the order and got no response back. Will never do business with them for any reason again.

First Rifle is finished - my venerable 300 RUM that has been to 3 continents and never missed an animal...now, sexy most! Kahles K624i with SKMR reticle, Badger USMC Rings

Unknown-1.jpg

Last edited:
Hands down, my choice if I had the funds you seem to be willing to spend would be Schmidt & Bender. You would be doing yourself a huge disservice in not looking into S&B.

From 1-8×24 to a straight 10×42, to a 3-20×50, to 5-45×56, to 12-50×56, S&B has every want you could have covered. From the Klassik, to Polar, to PMII lines.
A few standouts come to mind in the PMII lineup:
4-16×50 (standard or Ultra bright), 3-20×50 (US or non), 5-20×50 (US or non) 5-25×56, 3-27×56, 5-45×56. I have a couple, and with the exception of Tangent Theta, nothing else compares. Not my Kahles, not any one of 20 different NF ATACR F1s I have shot behind, and certainly not Leupold.

The other one to consider would be Tangent Theta. With three options, they have you covered. Lightweight 3-15×50 TT315M, tactical 3-15×50 TT315P, and the 5-25×56 TT525P.
Absolute scope perfection. You will not find a better scope. Period.
+1 couldn't agree more. I'd say pick your reticle and find the scope that supports it. If your application needs .2 mil graduation look at the differences available. Then the magnification range. If a simple hash works look for that. Picking a brand that doens't have the reticle you want will have it in the classifieds soon enough.

For everything on your list, consider the Leupold Mark V 3.6-18 x 44 with the TMR reticle, fairly light at 26 oz, I like it have it on one of my Creedmoors the reticle is not cluttered. I don't think you can go wrong with either Kahles or NightForce or any of the higher end options mentioned. I am partial to the Impact 60 reticle I have on one of my other Leupold scopes but it is just my preference, getting older and easier for me to just use the Impact 60 MOA reticle to adjust for my shots(instead of dialing up and down, still have to do this for longer shots) it is a busy reticle though. Will at some point purchase the Mark V 7-35 x 56 with this reticle, which will put on a heavier setup. Have Burris XTRs and Vortex, Bushnell, which are other brands that I like which I bought per the purpose of the rifle at the time. Have fun in your selection process, there are a lot of great options now as the technology gets better every year. Next item for me is an upgrade in a range finder.