Scope Mount vs Rings

My original draft for a response seemed way too long. But the point is this:
Buy a top quality rail (with a cant for adjustment) and rings to match. It offers strength and reliability, as well a flexibility.
I spent way too much money stumbling my way to that opinion.
Whatever option you choose, I hope it works well and you are happy with your new setup!

My original draft for a response seemed way too long. But the point is this:
Buy a top quality rail (with a cant for adjustment) and rings to match. It offers strength and reliability, as well a flexibility.
I spent way too much money stumbling my way to that opinion.
Whatever option you choose, I hope it works well and you are happy with your new setup!
Great advice here! I also wasted too much time and money on "trying to buy cheap"

I have a set of Burris Z rings on my .300 WSM, I used the standard inserts. Everything lines up perfectly, and they really keep the scope in place with a heavy recoiling rifle.

The Talley's are good, but most of the time need lapping to correct slight misalignment. It is often worse if you have to turn one base opposite the other to accomodate a particular set up.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.