Scope for truck gun & target shooting to 600yds

LBEdgin

I thought I would ask the Long Range Nation, as I have had no experience with only 1 of 4 of these. I have read a lot of reviews on these but wanted to hear from people here that had hands on experiences. The four I'm looking at are;
Arken EPL4 6-24X50
Athlon argos Gen2 6-25x50
Element Helix APR 2D 6-24x50
Meopta Optika6 4.5-27x50

I run both Zeiss & US optics on my Long Range set up and they serve me well. But this will be a carry gun that I will have in my truck/side by side on my farm. It will most likely be handled a little on hard side and I don't want to spend as much on it but want something that tracks well and clear as I plan to do a little long range shooting with it (out to 500 to 600yds). Please let me your thoughts if you use or have used any of the above. THANKS

Thanks for all the information guys as it was very helpful. I was tending towards the Meopta as I own a Optika 6 and had a couple of 5's. The one I found is optika 6 a 4.5-27x50 (BDC crosshairs) for $599. I sure the others listed are ok but I do trust the Meopta as I had nothing but good luck with my others and I found this one at a great price.

I thought I would ask the Long Range Nation, as I have had no experience with only 1 of 4 of these. I have read a lot of reviews on these but wanted to hear from people here that had hands on experiences. The four I'm looking at are;
Arken EPL4 6-24X50
Meopta Optika6 4.5-27x50

I run both Zeiss & US optics on my Long Range set up and they serve me well. But this will be a carry gun that I will have in my truck/side by side on my farm. It will most likely be handled a little on hard side and I don't want to spend as much on it but want something that tracks well and clear as I plan to do a little long range shooting with it (out to 500 to 600yds). Please let me your thoughts if you use or have used any of the above. THANKS
Of the ones listed and your description of how it will be used I would go with the Arken. I have Arken and meopta Optica six and like them both but if you're gonna beat it up go with the Arken.

The Arken has a lifetime warranty and also a tracking guarantee!

I have the optika 6 and it is big and built like a tank. For me it would not fit my criteria for a truck gun. Inside 600 in that price range i would be looking at a vortex pst, swfa, credo, or Bushnell elite in the 3-15 range. There are multiple options to step up to Japanese glass starting around $700 if you watch for it.

I run a 16" 243 and a 16" 260, both with cans as my pickup guns. Both rifles wear a Bushnell Nitro 2.5x10 FFP with a Christmas tree reticle. Set at 4 power I have no problems seeing the reticle. I like the FFP because of never having to think about subtensions. Quick shots beyond 200 its nice to have the holdovers. Don't get me wrong, I DO NOT dial these scopes as their tracking is sub par and you dont usually have time to dial anyway, but once sighted in I've never had a problem with them holding zero. More than enough scope to shoot to 600, I regularly shoot to 1000+ with them. These rifles take a beating everyday riding around Central Texas ranch roads. Killed lots of coyotes/pigs/deer with these setups. Just an option if you need something reliable and cheaper.

Arken EPL4 6-24X50
Meopta Optika6 4.5-27x50

Element Optics Helix probably the worst piece of crap with terrible glass extremely awful eyebox total waste of money wouldn't buy one for half price and the much cheaper Arken EPL4 literally smokes it silly and I really question Element Optics customer service and warranty as well after spending a ridiculous amount of money on their Theos scopes myself. The next worst scope mentioned is the Athlon Argos BTR Gen 2 with terrible glass and very poor warranty support with **** poor customer service (based on first hand my own experience dealing with Athlon on a $1800.00 Cronus scope defective straight out of the box I've never got a chance to even mount it yet and Athlon they wouldn't fix nor replace it). The Argos and Helix have about the same low quality terrible glass.

If your budget is fine with the Meopta then it's the best scope out of all you mentioned. I'd worry about the warranty going forward though because Meopta was recently bought out.

Arken Epl4 is an excellent budget scope I'm amazed myself and their newest EP5 is even better. They were $299 for the 4-16x44 and $325 for the 6-24x50 and $397 for the 5-25x56 EP5. Some places may still honor these older pre Black Friday prices if you give them a phone call. Best of all their tracking guarantee and lifetime warranty almost as good as Vortex and they even send you a prepaid return shipping label just like how Vortex does but much slower if you ever need to use their warranty.

Last edited: