Scammer email

Took me a couple minutes to dig through and find your email. In the future, I wouldn't post "I'll take it". Just send a PM to the seller. When you post " I'll take it", scammers can then look up your info if you've posted it in the past.

IMG_5436.jpeg

granted this is a public forum but how is it that anybody can dig up someone's old posts at will, maybe that is a loophole that the administration should fix seeing the reports of scammers are a daily occurrence.

Once on the internet, always on the internet... nothing is really ever "deleted"----search engines are fabulous and scary all at the same time.

I've never posted my phone number or email address on any forum, heck I'm not even sure I've posted my name.........BUT, it's just a matter of time before the scammers/hackers figure out how to access private messages---- then all bets are off because all that info and my address are in those
granted this is a public forum but how is it that anybody can dig up someone's old posts at will, maybe that is a loophole that the administration should fix seeing the reports of scammers are a daily occurrence

I could be wrong and that is most likely the case but I believe it's because the forum is on the web and therefore so is the content. The forum owners need for the forum to flourish so they need it to be out and accessible to attract new members and advertisers. They could lock it down so only members could access it but that would be detrimental to the site. Even then there is no vetting of members so it's a crapshoot if the next member is a joy to follow or a turd. In the end it's best to remember:
Once on the web always on the web.
You are responsible for your own content.
I screwed up by making that post in 2017 because of ignorance. It's my own fault and I have to live with the ramifications. I am an analog man trapped in a digital world. Hopefully some of the members here that have that same issue will read this and learn which was the reason for the original post.

I don't want to believe that there is nothing that can be done and scum can have free run to rip people off. it is not just this forum its all of them. maybe they should hire security experts to figure it out and then charge for the classifieds to offset costs. nothing in this world is free why should the classifieds be free, pay for expert help.

I don't want to believe that there is nothing that can be done and scum can have free run to rip people off. it is not just this forum its all of them. maybe they should hire security experts to figure it out and then charge for the classifieds to offset costs. nothing in this world is free why should the classifieds be free, pay for expert help.
There is something that can be done. Knowledge is power so we need to be smarter about using the internet. I am guessing no one on this site leaves their personal safety completely up to outside organizations. It is the same on the internet and with financial accounts now that everything is electronic. We have to get smarter. It's just like hacking, for every person that can make something hack resistant there is another that can hack it. There is no endgame. People have been cheating, naming and killing each other since the beginning and no computer magic is going to fix that. Your best weapons are knowledge and your instincts.

Recent Posts