• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Want To Buy Savage sa 4.25 dbm stock

cgailey

I am having trouble finding the right stock. I have a pre 2006 Savage SA Action that has the top/side bolt release and action screw spacing of 4.2. Are there any stocks and bottom metal out there to make this a dbm?

Savage made a dbm for 4.25 but nobody liked it. When they created a much better dbm they had to go to the 4.41 action to get the additional room necessary for the new engineering.

Savage made a dbm for 4.25 but nobody liked it. When they created a much better dbm they had to go to the 4.41 action to get the additional room necessary for the new engineering.
Would this action work in a xlr, mdt, etc chassis which would allow the use of aics mags?

Check out the Trybe r.o.c.s chassis on optics planet. It will accept both screw spacing.

If you'd rather a chassis?
Well, I would prefer a normal stock but can not find one that accepts the 4.2 spacing and aics mags. Do you know of one? I know HS and B&C make one for 4.2 but internal mag only.

PTG makes an AI mag bottom metal that's compatible with the 4.27 older staggered feed models. I inletted a lefty stock for a guy earlier this year. The bottom metal is a bit "chunky" but worked pretty good. Attached are some pictures of the carving that needs done. That stock was plain blind mag when it started. The guy had a hard time getting someone to do it for him. They are just "different"and require just a tiny bit more brain damage to do it. But if I can do it, it can't be that bad. Just tell your gunsmith that lol.

Attachments

• IMG_8524.jpeg
    IMG_8524.jpeg
    161.7 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_8528.jpeg
    IMG_8528.jpeg
    165 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_8525.jpeg
    IMG_8525.jpeg
    171.4 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_8529.jpeg
    IMG_8529.jpeg
    424.7 KB · Views: 14
PTG makes an AI mag bottom metal that's compatible with the 4.27 older staggered feed models. I inletted a lefty stock for a guy earlier this year. The bottom metal is a bit "chunky" but worked pretty good. Attached are some pictures of the carving that needs done. That stock was plain blind mag when it started. The guy had a hard time getting someone to do it for him. They are just "different"and require just a tiny bit more brain damage to do it. But if I can do it, it can't be that bad. Just tell your gunsmith that lol.
I looked at the ptg stuff and seems nice and affordable. The real question is, are you interested in another customer for stock inletting?

lol! No! That thing is a pain in the a**! I'm always an idiot and do not make or save templates for things when I do them. Figured I'd never be asked again lol. If you absolutely can't find anybody near you to do one, then send me a message. I'm more of a metal guy. There are guys out there that could probably do it in their sleep for cheap. I have to mill everything by hand and and hand fit.

Recent Posts