Savage Action Question

In general, the Savage model 10 was a piece of crap in stock form, and required a lot of work to get it to run good enough to run in competitive shooting matches. I have about 5000 rounds on it now, planning on buying a Masterpiece arms Matrix soon. This rifle is chambered in 6.5 Creed. I have an old stagger feed 223 Savage model 12 and an older model 110 LA in 243 that run good with the internal magazine . I also have a 22- 250 center feed with the Savage 4 round detachable magazines. Those are the worst of all and malfunction at least once in 4 rounds .
I really need to switch it over to an AICS pattern mag.
I'll have to disagree but you are entitled to your opinion

I run almost all savage actions and have several in mdt stocks and absolutely no issues with AICS mags. CoSniper66 -if your savage actions are such a pain in the butt I'll buy them
I have them all running now except for the 22-250. AICS pattern mags are the best, Just not the plastic ones.
Tuning a Savage action can be difficult. A friend of mine has an Axis in 223 with the 4 or 5 rnd factory detachable mags that malfunctions regularly. He also has a Savage model 10 in a MDT chassis that works good with metal AICS pattern mags, but not 100% Different length mag releases are available to tune mag height.Metal feed lips can be tuned, you can't do much with plastic. Also , you will need to upgrade the extractor and ejector on many of them.

In general, the Savage model 10 was a piece of crap in stock form, and required a lot of work to get it to run good enough to run in competitive shooting matches. I have about 5000 rounds on it now, planning on buying a Masterpiece arms Matrix soon. This rifle is chambered in 6.5 Creed. I have an old stagger feed 223 Savage model 12 and an older model 110 LA in 243 that run good with the internal magazine . I also have a 22- 250 center feed with the Savage 4 round detachable magazines. Those are the worst of all and malfunction at least once in 4 rounds .
I really need to switch it over to an AICS pattern mag.
I have a Savage 10 (DBM) and 12 (internal mag) in .300 WSM. If I do my part, I do not compete, but my current load is .5-.75 MOA to 966Y with 215 Berger. Other than a muzzle brake install and bedding the stock and 20 MOA rail, it is pretty factory stock. My only complaint is that the factory magazine that came with it only holds 2 rounds. It will be with a different stock and 5-round AICS mag when it is time to re-barrel.