savage 110 7lrm

cowboy717

Hey guys, me and a friend are going to build two savage 110s in 7lrm. I haven't really seen a savage built in this caliber, is there any reason not to?
Any tips or tricks?
Thanks

This is my plan. I do not know if it will work but it seems so easy. I am going to buy a savage model 116 bear in 375 ruger. And then I'm going to put a new barrel on chambered in 7lrm. I believe it is a 375 ruger necked down to .284. Right?

Darrin

This is my plan. I do not know if it will work but it seems so easy. I am going to buy a savage model 116 bear in 375 ruger. And then I'm going to put a new barrel on chambered in 7lrm. I believe it is a 375 ruger necked down to .284. Right?

Darrin

Correct...

I believe the bear hunter in 375 ruger is a large shank so that makes it even better. The mag box might be a little short.

I built a 7lrm on a savage 116 that was a 7 mag. I am pushing 180 hybrids at 3078 with an es of 9 and no pressure signs. it is shooting .6 inch at 250 yds.
the load is
72.5 of retumbro
.01 off the lands
fed 215 primer
Coal to ogive is 2.730

the prob. I am having with this load is carbon on the necks and I am having the occasional flyer out of the groups. I finally scored a couple pounds of h1000 to play with so we will see if I can duplicate the performance with it with out the problems. I talked to some one who has built quite a few lrms and played with it allot and he had the same prob with retumbro switching to h1000 salved it.
Daune

my rifle

I had a local gunsmith do it with a remer I bought from gunwerks . the gun shoots grate 3" CTC group at 762 yds this last week in SD deer hunting. I shot my two deer at 125 yds and 332 yds. So I did not get to stretch it out this year. but I like to get as close as the cover will let me and this year it was pretty close.
I did shoot at a coyote at 834 but because we couldn't get to it I was not able to confirm the kill but my buddy said I rolled it.
Duane.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts