Sale Of Barrett To NIOA:

I always admired Barrett for telling Los Angeles/California that they were not welcome as customers because of the hypocrisy of desiring Barretts for LE but not allowing CA citizens to own them. He told them in a letter if you won't let your citizens have it, we won't sell or service to your LE.

Not expecting that policy to continue.

I get it. There's a time for the guy who built a company to sell. Just admired the way he walked the talk.

Last edited:
Not trying to step on aussie toes, while almost all the western world pulled a ccp and lost most it's enlightenment values the level of fail was not equal. New Zealand was still probably the craziest of all the English speaking world but only just.

Only reason I bring that up is the harsh reality that once you start competing for government contracts you have to be on your A game with politicians. It's more than just lobbying, reality is that level requires capitulation with the .gov. I've no doubt in the future here we will have heavy pressure on defense contractors to cease civilian sales to keep their contracts. It's probably already here in some way or another. Reality is as hostil as our .gov is the rest are far worse in the English speaking world.

China probably owns more of our countries than either of us realize. It's not just ports and politicians, it's the shoes we walk in and the base components that build our life.
I'm not sure you know what you're talking about in reference to NZ