Sako VS Browning

I have an option to get a minty A Bolt, early 90s stainless stalker, plastic stock, in 375H&H for 1500CAD
I have zero experience with browning rifles. comes with rings and a throw away scope, iron sights

but I already have a Sako AV in the same, but its in rough condition, needs a total overhaul, only the stock is in passable condition, needs but pad, a TON of cleaning, some rust all over the place and blueing is mostly gone. I got it for about 900, pictures were apparently very old. Ill probably have to put 400 into it, plus time to make it usable. AND it needs a rear sight.

any opinions? Is it worth putting in the effort into the Sako?

I have a couple older Sako (L579r carbine and L61r) that shoot under MOA if I do my part, and a couple of Tikkas so I'm comfortable with Sako but have never held a browning
Guess that makes us even as I never had a Sako, though I hear great things about them. I have had 3 Browning A bolt actions that I had rifles built around by HCR. They all shoot sub 0.5 MOA. The main determinant for me is the shotgun style safety. I am a mountain hunter and carry the rifle usually off the right shoulder preferably but when you get fatigued will switch to the left shoulder. One year with a Remington I thought at first I had neglected to put the safety on when carrying the rifle on the left shoulder. After several episodes I realized that as the rifle got jarred around the safety would catch on the pack and get knocked off. Since then I prefer shotgun style or three position safeties when packing. Sitting on a stand or local day hunting never a problem, but something to be aware of.

One very important thing I didn't see is the condition of the bore in the Sako. If the receiver and bolt are serviceable and can be cleaned up, even if the bore is shot because of neglect and no good, I would recommend to rebarrel it in AI if that's what you want for far less than buying the Browning AND have to spend who knows how much on the Sako. I would focus on the Sako. As to my experience with Browning, I owned the same model in 338 WM in the '80's. I didn't keep it very long.

Sako…
currently own 3 in various calibers, have had another 3…all exceptionally accurate after proper bedding…serious world class quality through and through.

My single Abolt is just one of the "pack"…nothing about it says anything worth listening to.

I have an option to get a minty A Bolt, early 90s stainless stalker, plastic stock, in 375H&H for 1500CAD
I have zero experience with browning rifles. comes with rings and a throw away scope, iron sights

but I already have a Sako AV in the same, but its in rough condition, needs a total overhaul, only the stock is in passable condition, needs but pad, a TON of cleaning, some rust all over the place and blueing is mostly gone. I got it for about 900, pictures were apparently very old. Ill probably have to put 400 into it, plus time to make it usable. AND it needs a rear sight.

I have a couple older Sako (L579r carbine and L61r) that shoot under MOA if I do my part, and a couple of Tikkas so I'm comfortable with Sako but have never held a browning
Absolutely update the Sako. I have a .375 Sako AV, and it is awesome, as well as a new FN-built Winchester Model 70 in .375. They are both different but equal. I have never liked the Brownings.

If allowed, I,d take older Browning Safari (FN Belgian) over any Sako, hands down!