Sako S20 precision for wolf hunting

Vince - I could check with my brother. he purchased one. there is a lot of room in the clips/ magazine to seat out. . also purchased 100 rounds of lapua brass and several boxes of factory ammo including norma 143 grain. his expectations were met and then some. preliminary is the norma 143 gold, hornady 147 and one other factory load all shot .4 or less for 5 shots. the two handloads with 140 berger and lapua brass and n-565 he said was about the same or a little less. he said "this gun is going to be a challenge to beat the factroy ammo". he said the trigger was good but he did not adjust right at 3#. he put a 45X weaver on temporarily.

That is one heck of a gun for the money! I am looking at the moment for 6..5 prc.

I inquire about the throat due to growth 600 rounds down the bore. I figure an 800 round barrel life, MUCH more with H1000, N160 or N165. The N500 series powders EAT barrels in a hurry as I found out the hard way.

Ron, "room to seat out" is real world, hands down winner.

Vince - I could check with my brother. he purchased one. there is a lot of room in the clips/ magazine to seat out. . also purchased 100 rounds of lapua brass and several boxes of factory ammo including norma 143 grain. his expectations were met and then some. preliminary is the norma 143 gold, hornady 147 and one other factory load all shot .4 or less for 5 shots. the two handloads with 140 berger and lapua brass and n-565 he said was about the same or a little less. he said "this gun is going to be a challenge to beat the factroy ammo". he said the trigger was good but he did not adjust right at 3#. he put a 45X weaver on temporarily.
I can't answer the freebore for the S20 Sakos. I know that many of the older Sakos had a lot of freebore, I think that's changed though. I just bought a Tikka super varmint in 6.5 PRC and when I seat a 143ELDX to touch the lands the bullet has about an 1/8th of inch left in the magazine. Tikka and Sako are owned by the same company so I would hope they are chambering Sakos much the same, I certainly don't know that but I would assume that's the case.

Vince - i do not know how far off the lands he is. the loaded rounds in the magazine/clip had a lot of room to seat out.

I would Google search Sako S20 Issues…seems to be some feed/mag issues, this seems to be a result of the bolt not traveling back far enough…I believe it is caliber specific. I've held off buying an S20, but the prices are extremely tempting.