S.E. Pa gun club

Pa.Frank

Delaware County Field & Stream Assoc https://dcfsa.org/

Club has been around since 1939 and is just about 11 miles outside Philadelphia. 65 Acres - 10 separate ranges

Open 364 days a year from 9am till sunset (closed Good Friday)

Blackpowder, High Power, smallbore, pistol. air gun, trap, skeet, 5 stand, table trap and Archery

Even with 5,000 members the club is rarely crowded. (club picnic day, Junior field day, NHF Day its jammed but otherwise never a problem getting a position.

Its not perfect by any means but it is the nicest and safest club in the area and at a resonable price.. Been a member over 50 years

Last edited:
I envy you guys who can shoot at clubs near your homes. I drive 140mi (one way) to shoot at my club each week. We have a very limited membership (300) and I often shoot alone or with a buddy on weekday mornings. We have 150 acres which has plenty of deer, bear and turkeys. The firing line closes for 3 weeks during the whitetail season but the facility itself never closes. We can shoot at any distance out to 400yds, where I spend most of my bench time.

Nice to see a local club accepting memberships. Too bad its only a 100 yard rifle range. 100 yard ranges are a dime a dozen around here. But the facility looks very well kept and quite nice. I just submitted an application for Mifflin Co which is 2.5 hours from me to utilize their 1,000 yard range.

Im not so sure that even the 100 yard ranges are a dime a dozen anymore in Southeast Pa.
I lived in Bucks county for 64 years of my life, and for sure the development for houses has caused problems for all types of shooting.
Clubs like Langhorne Fish & Game, and Doylestown Fish & Game have been having issues because of that for several decades.
As for places to shoot at any long distance, there never were any in that area to begin with.
You cant even legally fire a center fire cartridge while hunting in most of that area anymore.

Im not so sure that even the 100 yard ranges are a dime a dozen anymore in Southeast Pa.
I lived in Bucks county for 64 years of my life, and for sure the development for houses has caused problems for all types of shooting.
Clubs like Langhorne Fish & Game, and Doylestown Fish & Game have been having issues because of that for several decades.
As for places to shoot at any long distance, there never were any in that area to begin with.
You cant even legally fire a center fire cartridge while hunting in most of that area anymore.
for many clubs the reason that they have such a hard time is because they either limit memberships, or have requirements such as work party days etc that put people off.
Let me tell you the club has been involved with a few legal matters, as well as political matters and then the other side politicians or business' realize they are dealing with the potential of negative exposure to a club with 5,000 members, you get a whole lot of respect. If you want to keep it as the exclusive "boys club", then unless the members are very well heeled you won't last long or will get squeezed out with regulations.

Recent Posts