Ruger SFAR

I just looked up the 20 inch 308 and 7.2 pounds. I'm a 308 person with an AR10 that is more like 12 pounds with a big scope. 308 is very availiable and easy to load. I never jumped on the 6.5 band wagon because I already have calibers of 257 and 277.

I'm a texas pig hunter and 308 with 125 grain TNT Speer bullets is a DRT round.

I have been interested in this gun since it was released. I bought a Savage MSR 10 Hunter in 6.5 Creedmoor a while back. It is also a more compact "AR-10" platform. I just hate how these platforms are so proprietary.

I went back and forth on 6.5cm vs 308 and went with the 6.5 on my AR10 setup because it'll have similar performance at reasonable ranges while having 30% less recoil which matters quite a bit for me with a thermal at night.

I went back and forth on 6.5cm vs 308 and went with the 6.5 on my AR10 setup because it'll have similar performance at reasonable ranges while having 30% less recoil which matters quite a bit for me with a thermal at night.
I laugh at the 6.5cm's bad reputation. It works well for my needs. Light recoiling, relatively flat shooting and kills everything I shoot at.

Agreed, in hindsight though I wish I would have gone with a 243 as I've already got tons of ammo for that vs the 6.5 CM this is my first time so I have no ammo supplies built up.

I just looked up the 20 inch 308 and 7.2 pounds. I'm a 308 person with an AR10 that is more like 12 pounds with a big scope. 308 is very availiable and easy to load. I never jumped on the 6.5 band wagon because I already have calibers of 257 and 277.

I'm a texas pig hunter and 308 with 125 grain TNT Speer bullets is a DRT round.
man bun GIF

No man bun for this guy!

Mine is pretty shootable in .308. For strictly hunting I would go 6.5, but if you want to plink with bulk ammo then .308 gives you more options.

Did you read that 30% on the internet? I just looked up the CM load data and out of 24 inch and it can chuck a 123 gr @3000 fps 308 I chuck a 125 gr TNT at 3000 out of my 20 inch. Which comes out to nearly the same energy in both directions. Way back I used to use my 270 on stands and feeders out to 600 yards. To get high BC I had to use heavy for the cal bullets. In my testing high sectional density rounds just caused blow throughs on body shots and 250 pound pigs run off and die. Then you have to look for them. So the key is to use lighter frangeble rounds. As a kid I even used 22-250 and 243 on pigs using good shot placement.

I use lazer illuminators for night pig hunting and the heavy 10's in 308 really work for fast shooting on herds. Oh I have a good muzzle brake that claims to remove over 40% of the kick or some big number.

View attachment 545568
No man bun for this guy!

I can't buy Budlight anymore! :) I never WOKE up! I used to be sponcered by Budlight for racing and sadly own a bunch of their prefered stock that used to pay great dividends until they moved overseas. Now the Belgium goverment imposes a 50% dividend fee. I don't have an idea how to do a foriegn income tax and feasable get it all back

I can't buy Budlight anymore! :) I never WOKE up! I used to be sponcered by Budlight for racing and sadly own a bunch of their prefered stock that used to pay great dividends until they moved overseas. Now the Belgium goverment imposes a 50% dividend fee. I don't have an idea how to do a foriegn income tax and feasable get it all back
Yeah, talk about the dumbest business move ever. I'm sorry to hear you invested in a solid company that decided to kamakzi into social/political matters. I would have never guessed they'd go that route.

I split time depredation hunting between my DPMS 308 g2 hunter (originally around 7.5 pounds from the factory) and my 6.5 Grendel. Both weigh about the same with ammo and my thermal. About 10 pounds. 20" barrel, No muzzle brake, no suppressor. I shoot 168 Amaxs in the 308 and they kill deer and hogs very well. This gun hates bullet weights under 165. Its recoil really isn't bad at all and it is extremely accurate with my hand loads. It is actually a very smooth shooting gun. Video quality with it is good but not as good as it is with the Grendel. The Grendel has less muzzle rise and a little less muzzle flash.
Most of the time however I shoot the Grendel. Very little recoil. Easy to shoot, Great video quality and it is also very accurate. 20" barrel, No brake or suppressor. I don't like shorter barrels.
It hits game a lot harder than I ever thought it would.
I'm sure the 6.5 CM would serve you well also and ballistically it has a bit of an edge on the 308 at distance depending on load and bullet. And possibly a little edge on recoil depending on what loads you use. Personally I like them all and may just build a CM or 260 in the future. Just so I could say I have one.