Ruger Competition 10/22

highfinblue

I've noticed Ruger came out with a left hand 10/22 they call the competition model. Anyone have any experience with one of these? I just bought a rimfire suppressor (and now I wait) and before I go threading all my rimfires I was thinking about buying one of these. Supposed to be a decent trigger, good barrel and stock combo. They are advertised as super accurate, and for the price they would have to be. I've seen them around $700. I know my Ruger Mark IV is the most accurate pistol I have ever owned, so I know Ruger is capable of producing very accurate rimfires. Just wanting to know if anyone has shot one of these.

I have one- and trigger is ok- a little creep, but acceptable for a .22. They had to add the word "competition" to it, but not sure why. The older- heavy barrels with "twist" on outside of barrels, was in my opinion, a really decent target/accurate .22 semi for the money.

Found one when the first came out for a frie friend of mine. His initial thoughts were he didn't like the stock (but he's an odd shaped human) and wished there was a lighter barrel on it. But it shot in the range of "good enough" not sure what equates to in inches...

I'll fire off a text and see what he feels about it long term.

I've noticed Ruger came out with a left hand 10/22 they call the competition model. Anyone have any experience with one of these? I just bought a rimfire suppressor (and now I wait) and before I go threading all my rimfires I was thinking about buying one of these. Supposed to be a decent trigger, good barrel and stock combo. They are advertised as super accurate, and for the price they would have to be. I've seen them around $700. I know my Ruger Mark IV is the most accurate pistol I have ever owned, so I know Ruger is capable of producing very accurate rimfires. Just wanting to know if anyone has shot one of these.
highfinblue ;might want to ck out the new Springfield .22 There is a pretty good review in the NRA American Rifleman for Jan. You Tube has some better reviews also. But its hard to beat a good ole Ruger for the price

Do they make a left handed 1022 as well? Guess now that ruger has mirrored the magazine the expensive tooling is done.

I have a Cooper 57M left hand in 22lr and another in 22wmr. Triggers on both are as good as my TriggerTech Diamonds on four centerfires. I'm afraid I'm setting myself up for disappointment and that's why I haven't bought the Ruger. I reckon threading the Coopers and my other rimfires is probably my best route. I was going to sell a Winchester 9422M to buy it. I think I'll hold onto my little lever action.

The last two new Ruger I bought were outstanding when it comes to accuracy.
Long range hawkeye in 300 wm and their Ruger RPR custom 6mm creed.
I was really impressed by the custom rpr I didnt think it would be that good of a rifle.