Ruger American Gen 2 mag

Have a friend that is looking at the Ruger American Gen 2 in a 204 Ruger but he isn't crazy about the long 10 round clip for a bolt action rifle. Anyone know of an aftermarket clip that's 3-5 rounds? Not having any luck so far.

I haven't found one. Even the 5-round AR mags are the same box as the 10-rounders, but the spring and follower are set you can only get 5-rounds in.

What I did for my American G1 in 6.5 Grendel is the following:
  • Take the mag apart
  • With a straight edge, mark both sides of the magazine where you want to cut it. Free hand two tabs on each side in the same location as the existing tabs that hold the floor plate.
  • On the ends, free hand your cut line to match the pattern at the bottom of the mag.
  • Using a dremel with a cutting wheel, carefully cut the mag.
  • Trim the "legs" on the follower and trim the spring (if you use an existing 5-round mag, you need to take about 1" off of each.
  • Put the body of the mag in a vise. Place the floor plate in the correct position and lightly tap the tabs that you left over. Don't fold them all the way yet, just enough so that when the spring and follower are in, it doesn't launch the floor plate.
  • Reassemble the mag.
  • Put the mag back in the vise and using a punch, fold the tabs the rest of the way over. If you don't need to worry about taking the mag apart again, a little bit of JB Weld at each corner will help keep everything tight.
  • Hit it with some matte black spray paint and you are good to go.
I don't think I have taken any pics of mine, but I have modified two 6.5G magazines this way and both function very well and only stick about 3/4" below the stock.

Thank you sir, much appreciated, will pass this on to him!

I still find it shocking that there isn't one on the market yet considering the popularity of the Gen 1 rifle and the strong likelihood of the Gen 2's doing just as well.