Ruger #1a Red pad .243 value?

aOWENc

Hey Guys,
I was wondering if there were any Ruger no.1 experts out there. I have a 1A that I dearly love, but it's accuracy hasn't been what I wanted. I have got it to shoot 1.5 MOA with some loads, but I was hoping for better. I'm sure there are many out there who would love to have a rifle like this, but I would like better accuracy. So this leads me to my conclusion on selling it. I really don't want to put the money and time into it to shoot sub MOA, when I could trade it in on a rifle I've always wanted. Bluing is very good, bore is bright, minor handling marks. Made in late 70s, very nice trigger. Any ideas on what I should ask for it?

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    254.6 KB · Views: 211
  • image.png
    image.png
    351.9 KB · Views: 195
  • image.png
    image.png
    248.4 KB · Views: 202
I don't think he's too far off. New 1a with wood that doesn't look near as good is 900. The wood on that is beautiful.

Hey Guys,
I was wondering if there were any Ruger no.1 experts out there. I have a 1A that I dearly love, but it's accuracy hasn't been what I wanted. I have got it to shoot 1.5 MOA with some loads, but I was hoping for better. I'm sure there are many out there who would love to have a rifle like this, but I would like better accuracy. So this leads me to my conclusion on selling it. I really don't want to put the money and time into it to shoot sub MOA, when I could trade it in on a rifle I've always wanted. Bluing is very good, bore is bright, minor handling marks. Made in late 70s, very nice trigger. Any ideas on what I should ask for it?
I don't think he's too far off. New 1a with wood that doesn't look near as good is 900. The wood on that is beautiful.

New is over $1000. The wood and rarity of caliber determine value. Wood is great and 6mm is not as prevalent.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.