Rifle choices for antelope

Fasteel

Say I guys I think I will be drawn here in Alberta for the 2010 season. I am now thinking about my rifle and load choices to practice with. The two that I have in mind are my tikka 25-06 or the Steyr Pro hunter in 6.5x55. I have Barnes bullets in 100gr for the tikka and 120gr for the 6.5, I also have the 115gr VLD Berger for 25 and 140 VLD for the 6.5. The usual windy condition of southern Alberta have me leaning towards the Bergers.
You fellows have any suggestions for me?
Thanks Greg

The VLD in the .25 sounds like the ticket for your antelope hunt. I have used that caliber for several years, alternating with the .270 Win. and the 7MM magnums.

The .25 will also double as a great varmint round :D !

The berger Vlds would work But don't over look the Nosler 115 balistic tip it would be a good bullet for your 25 06.

I have been drawn for a mt antelope hunt. I will be using a 25/06 ackley with a 110 nosler accubond. nice bc, and should reachout there for me. will be practicing in alittle bit.

Either of your choices will do just fine. I've been using my .300WM with 180 Corelokts on antelope for the last 6 years. I'll be using either 200 NAB or 210 Bergers this year ... just got into reloading this year.

Good luck and happy safe hunting!

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.