Revic or Leica 3200 ?

sika64

Anyone have or had both of these for a side by side comparison ? If so what do you think ? Only interested in these 2

Bump I'm in the same boat. I have the 3200 but thinking about the Revic for ease of use.
Jason

Bump I'm in the same boat. I have the 3200 but thinking about the Revic for ease of use.
Jason
Do you think it'll be easier to use? I think it has more user specific features for set up but not sure it'll be easier per say. Leica seems super easy. I've read glass is so so on the revic.

The GLASS in the LEICA is OUTSTANDING!
Ballistic programs come down to how you have them programed.
If you LINK your Leica with Kestrel 5700 Elite - AWESOME!!!!
We sold our Leica Geovids HD-B and then got the Fury HD 5000 AB to replace.
Don't have anything negative about the Fury 5000AB.
They have good glass and a good Ballistic program and fire solution. Easy to LINK to Kestrel 5700 AB.
BUT the GLASS in the Leica Geovids is stellar!

The GLASS in the LEICA is OUTSTANDING!
Ballistic programs come down to how you have them programed.
If you LINK your Leica with Kestrel 5700 Elite - AWESOME!!!!
We sold our Leica Geovids HD-B and then got the Fury HD 5000 AB to replace.
Don't have anything negative about the Fury 5000AB.
They have good glass and a good Ballistic program and fire solution. Easy to LINK to Kestrel 5700 AB.
BUT the GLASS in the Leica Geovids is stellar!
Why'd you switch to the Fury?

Why'd you switch to the Fury?
GOOD QUESTION and I still ask myself that.
I would buy everything in twos and threes. One for Jill one for Jill's dad and one for me.
We bought two Leica Geovids. The cost was about $6K at the time.
Last year I lent our pair to a friend to go on a Prong Horn Hunt. Well he liked them so much that he would not send them back and instead sent us a check. So now we were left with the pair we bought Jill's dad. He never took them out to hunt and only used them several times to look out his kitchen window at wild game. We got that pair back since he never used them. I had a good deal on a pair of Vortex Fury 5000 AB and decide to purchase from the good reviews we read about them. After buying the Fury 5000 AB and a lot of other items that we didn't need we decided to sell the Leica Geovids HD-B. Sold them to another LRH member at a fair price.
If I had the money now to go and purchase another RF Bino with Ballistics I would definitely buy a set of Leica Geovids!!!! BUT we are selling things because I am disabled, just had Jill retire to spend time with me. So, we don't have Jill's income anymore. We have been almost giving our GS services away to help other shooters out.
So, to answer your question - We loved the Geovids and not to knock the Vortex Fury-they are really good RF Binos and have all the newest options to connect with your Kestrel 5700 AB BT Elite. There is a big difference in PRICE between the two, BUT they are both GREAT. For a $2,000 difference that glass doesn't matter that much!
Thanks
Len & Jill

That's the key…. Glass need. If you need good glass the Leica is hard to beat overall. If glass is not that important to you then other options are worth the look. It really depends on how much time you spend behind the glass and realistic range you can effectively make kills. For me the Leica is fine at 1000 yard on board ballistics without connecting to the kestrel most of the time. If really needing 1000 plus solutions hunting, I can connect the bino's the kestrel or use an app.

I've considered the Leica pro, more compact, better lrf, but little loss of fov.

Swaro needs to link up with ab and set the new standard…..

I've got the 3200.com's and really like them, for me the ballistics side of it seems a little basic in comparison to AB and I found it disappointing that with RF capability past 3200m, you could only get an on board solution out to 1000. Thinking of upgrading mine to the new Leicas that utilise AB. Would love to have a play with the Pro's and see what they're like with the AB stuff on board

I've got the 3200.com's and really like them, for me the ballistics side of it seems a little basic in comparison to AB and I found it disappointing that with RF capability past 3200m, you could only get an on board solution out to 1000. Thinking of upgrading mine to the new Leicas that utilise AB. Would love to have a play with the Pro's and see what they're like with the AB stuff on board
Your 32's should link. Mine do. The ballistic program is basic for sure but it's good data if you just add your own data into the mix. For example knowing sd, ce, and wind factors….. I've killed a pile of yotes and wolfs from 500 - 900. Past that I've used the kestrel but usually just switch to the app. It's rare I hunt past 1000.

Your 32's should link. Mine do. The ballistic program is basic for sure but it's good data if you just add your own data into the mix. For example knowing sd, ce, and wind factors….. I've killed a pile of yotes and wolfs from 500 - 900. Past that I've used the kestrel but usually just switch to the app. It's rare I hunt past 1000.
Should link to AB? Yeah from a practical POV, having drops displayed out to 1000 is fine and I'm still hanging onto Strelok for everything else. I keep wondering about paying to put AB onto my Garmin tactix pro but not sure if it's worth it. I don't shoot PRS…