• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Retumbo for sale Helena Montana

Montana'eer

I have 5 new and unopened 1lb cans of Retumbo. My rig normally eats H1000 and I have been unlucky in finding it, but I lucked out with Retumbo and was planning on giving it a go. However a gentleman close to me has H1000 and he wants $55 p/lb. I'd like to sell the Retumbo to fund the H1000- I really don't want to start load development again.

I am asking the same price for this for what I'm gonna pay for H1000- $55 p/lb. Unfortunately it seems the way of things right now unless your timing is good with online vendors.

LrSaTbr.jpg

Last edited:
Can you ship it? If so, I will take it and pay for shipping as well.

Have to take this off the market for now. The guy I made a deal with on the H1000 sold it out at a higher price than what we agreed on.

Too bad you can't ship. I can ship and would do a straight trade for H1000

If you make it to western idaho anytime I'll trade a couple lbs of h1000

Sorry to hear you missed out on a potential deal. Stuffs like water in a desert right now.

I tell you this shortage brings out the worst in people. **** thing is I traded with this guy a month or so ago both me and my friend..

This past Sunday I see he has H1000 for sale on a local board for $55 per lb (8lb jug). So I call him and we talked (actually he talked) for an hour and a half. I told him I'd like to sell this Retumbo and then buy the H1000 if possible. He said "no problem- I'll hold off a few days just let me know".

So a guy here on the boards sends me a message yesterday and we work out a plan for me to meet someone tomorrow to sell him the Retumbo. I send the guy with H1000 a text last night and said "Retumbo is gone- can we meet up on Friday after work?" This is the text I got back.

DS4K6XG.png

At first I thought he was joking on the text. So I called his phone and politely left a message asking if this sale was still on, because I've committed my Retumbo (which I would keep and do load development ALL OVER AGAIN if I had to). No return call.

So I checked the local boards and I find no posts anymore from this guy. Strange- he posted A LOT and they don't disappear unless he was banned or..... he blocked me. Well guess what? He blocked me.

He calls me back and I popped a flippin' gasket. He tried to first say he sold it, then he waffled and moaned he could get more for it, and he had some friends that wanted it- yadda, yadda. I said "Look- after an hour and half wasted on the phone on Sunday you are either going to sell it to me or not sell it to me, so which is it? I can be in your town in 45 minutes and get it done RIGHT NOW. "

So he relents. I just got home with the damned powder. Holy buckets of bull snot this is getting crazy.

Being an a-hole is not worth the extra $40 he could have pocketed. I don't know where that line is but it is well north of $40.

I'm in Missoula and would buy the Retumbo if that works for you.

Being an a-hole is not worth the extra $40 he could have pocketed. I don't know where that line is but it is well north of $40.

I'm in Missoula and would buy the Retumbo if that works for you.

I won't let this bend my opinions. In the past year I have met and traded with at least a dozen different people and it has been a super cool experience- everyone above board. There's a few of us that regularly text each other and we're keeping an eye out for supplies for each other. I've shipped bullets, brass and even some elk meat to a guy in Alabama, and he's sent me some reloading stuff as well. People looking out for each other- that's the best way..

I picked up my buddy up for company when we drove to meet this guy today. We've been hunting and shooting buddies and friends for a long time. We both came to the conclusion that even IF this guy stood me up and failed to show up- I needed to bring the guy buying the Retumbo into the discussion to at least satisfy him with 3lbs and I keep 2.. or something...

At least it didn't have to come to that.

Have to take this off the market for now. The guy I made a deal with on the H1000 sold it out at a higher price than what we agreed on.
Just make a new trade listing on this site??? I'm sure someone close to you would do a trade with you, pound-for-pound. I'm sure someone would break into their secret stash of H1000 for equal amounts of Retumbo.

Just make a new trade listing on this site??? I'm sure someone close to you would do a trade with you, pound-for-pound. I'm sure someone would break into their secret stash of H1000 for equal amounts of Retumbo.

It's all good. I had to blow a gasket to make it happen..

Have had nothing but good experiences with people on here, thank you GOD for making all great people firearm owners!,,🙏🤝🇺🇸🇺🇸
Yeah same here. I hope that jerk isn't a member here.