Replace Your Bubble Level With An Electronic One !!!!

Les1580

Hi All

BV56 Beiter Bubble for Scope. - Quicks Archery.

Having bought the Red Bubble in a Black Housing, which required the Base sanding flat - a small Locating Lug is moulded on the bottom to lock it into the Compound Scope.

I put a piece of Wet 240 Grit Wet & Dry on my Kitchen Work Top and rotated the Mount while sanding until the Bubble was central in all directions.

A strip of bl;ack plastic is then superglued to the bottom - Bubble not fitted at this stage.

Superglue this Assembly to the rear of the Scope Weaver Rail and fit the Bubble - About an Hours Work in total.

This is a cheap & easy £8 DIY solution to the Canting Problem.

Well.

During a long search through numerous Forums, I came across this -

7dayshop.com - Online Store

So I ordered 1.

First job was to find a suitable size Nut to araldite into the Hotshoe Mount.

A nice M6 Stainless NyLoc was lying around, so, drill 3mm, 6mm, 10mm.

The Hotshoe is hollow so a sharp knife can be used to fine tune the fit.

Fill the threads with grease and araldite away.

http://s1182.photobucket.com/albums/x450/Les1580/?action=view&current=10062011068.jpg

Put a long 6mm Bolt into the Nut to use as a Guide for Vertical / Horizontal Alignment.

Next, drill the Weaver Rail as appropriate to your SetUp.

Mine is under the Scope Power Adjustment.

Drill 3mm, 4mm, then 5mm & Tap M6.

Take Care as the Cocking Rope is right under where you are Drilling / Tapping, so beware of Swarf.

Fit an M6 Stainless Bolt into the Digital Level and EyeBall the length required.

Cut the Bolt & file smooth.

Araldite into the Weaver Rail so the Level is at about 10 O'Clock.

File the base of the nut until the Level is True.

This is a Labour Intensive DIY Mod, but due to the 3 Tiny Screws in the base of the Digital Level which need to be accessible to change the Batteries (Spares Included) I couldn't think of any easier methods that were as Sexy.

Enjoy

Cheers

Les

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.