Remington might be in trouble ...

..........Remington is a testament to how long it can take bad management to run a company into the ground and also how long people are willing to remain faithful to a brand that could care less about them..........

Marketing will only get you so far, eventually quality, and service catch up with you.

8 million bad trigger, and only a relative few have been fixed, I saw the number 2-3 months ago, but can't recall it.

On one hand they say they're fixing it-on the other imply there isn't anything wrong it's the lawyers fault.

Marketing will only get you so far, eventually quality, and service catch up with you.

8 million bad trigger, and only a relative few have been fixed, I saw the number 2-3 months ago, but can't recall it.

On one hand they say they're fixing it-on the other imply there isn't anything wrong it's the lawyers fault.

It got a couple of generations of "very educated" executives into very comfortable retirements while leaving their colleges and customers on the back end to suffer the consequences. Were it not for the internet, we'd still be buying crap firearms and have slep gunwriters telling us we shouldn't expect anything better than 4 moa rifles with 8 lb. triggers. Thankfully, enough gun owners diverted their very hard earned money away from Remington and towards companies where you have a 90+% chance of getting a great shooting , reliable gun.

No tears for Remington. If I was a Remington employee, I'd invest in a Rosetta Stone course and brush up on my Chinese. Personally, I think Remington has been owned by a faction that wanted major American gun makers to fail. It's sorta the way the small independent farmer has been made extinct. After all, who in their right mind would have run a company that poorly were they not trying to destroy it?

That's too bad but all of their own doing. I have two 11-87's and they have been the best shotguns I've ever owned. My last Rem 700 300 Win Mag was turned into a semi custom gun and it's the best rifle I've ever owned.
I like Rem but the quality has really gone downhill for many years. They build too many cheap guns. I'm not sure how many lesser quality similar rifles they build but how good can they be for $300.00?

Rem needs to go back to the basics and build M700 actions that are true and rifles that shoot. Every other manufacturer seems to be doing a better job currently.
Quit building poor quality guns and people will by your guns again.

I hate to see ANY American gun maker in trouble. Hopefully they survive this and can return to basics and improve their quality.

Savage went bankrupt in 1988. Lost 3/4 of their employees. Got a new president who had a great idea, focus on the accuracy of the firearm and a little less on the cosmetics to keep the cost down. It obviously worked. Although I worry about them now as they too have gotten into rifles that hit a very low price point, but their accuracy and quality are suffering. Now they have a full line of "modern sporting rifles" and I doubt that will work out well for them either.

For what it is worth we picked up 5 of the Remington Long Range rifles in 30-06 and 300wm. We did this when they had the rebate going with the intent to bed, brake, custom trigger, and scope them to sell them as packages. We did this with one and sold the rest as is. All of these rifles shot very well without the extra work. The one that we did the work on is an absolute joy to shoot. I think we will continue to bring these in and sell them as packages.

Steve

......Lack of innovation and a decline in product quality (perceived or real) is the main factor here, imo. Plenty of other gun companies doing very well in this economy............

I have no inside knowledge of the internal workings of corporate Remington. The American model anymore though, seems to be retention of, and golden parachutes for executive type, while letting engineers, and worker bee's go.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts