Remington 788 .308 ammo suggestions

zeusssss

I have a 788 .308 that shoots Hornady TAP/ Black 168 grain A-Max consistently at or under one MOA for five shot groups (I'm happy with that). When I switch to hunting ammo (for whitetails) I'm getting two and a half MOA plus. I've tried Hornady Superformance 150 grain and 165 grain CX, Federal Fusion 165 grain, and Hornady American Whitetail 165 grain Interlock.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what I should try next? I prefer a tougher bullet like copper or something bonded but I'm open to all suggestions at this point. Thank you.

Iv had 3 Remington 788. 243, 7-08, and 308. All were the 181/2 inch barrels. Always shot Remington Core Locs. Try some 150 gr. Mine shot moa. JMHO

Jimmy

Welcome to the forum! Agree with KEC. Beyond that, if you don't reload, you simply have to try different factory ammo till you find one your gun like and then you' be wise to get as much of that same lot number as you can afford.

Thank you for the replies. The core lots are pretty easy to find around here so I'll scoop some up and give them a try. I've killed quite a few deer with the A-Max, but I'm looking for something that holds together a bit better. The A-Max are great with perfect boiler room shots, but don't penetrate as much as I'd like.