Remington 700 CDL 30.06

When they came out with their limited edition 100 year anniversary 30.06 CDL sf I wanted it so bad when I finally got around to order one no one could find it and later seen that it was a limited run for the anniversary rifle. I ended up getting a blued CDL in 280 and it’s my top favorite. No work done to it and it’s solid 1/2 moa with a couple handloads (one that I settled on) at 1/4moa. What I really wanted was the SF CDL as I found that to be very sharp and beautiful looking. They came out with it in 280 and I bought that one too. They don’t make that anymore. As far as I can see they still offer the 30.06 in a CDL sf according to their site. But if you happen to find one get one for me too.

I have a NIB Remington Model 700 CDL SF Limited Edition 100th Anniversary 30-06 Rifle Stainless if you’re interested in that. They put these out in 2006 and I stuck one back. I also stuck back about a zillion more guns it seems and I think it’s time to thin out my herd.

In addition, I have a NIB Leupold 100th Anniversary Gold Ring Commemorative Century Limited Edition 3-9x40 scope that I purchased to go with the rifle. I planned to keep both but I would consider offers.

Jeff

I'd buy the Alpha 1 version. And replace the trigger as always. Idk why Remington went with a non adjustable Timney. Dumb and only a bean counter would think that was a good idea.
edit- and in a 7mag or prc since they both have an 8 twist. That was a good move on Remingtons part. Or the 243 win with an 8 twist if you are trying to have less recoil. But in areas with heavy cover, under 600 yards a 30-06 with a 10 twist is fine too.

Last edited:
They do have a 243 8T Alpha 1 in stock as well, but it's 600 bucks more. But if it shoots and you like the 3# non adjustable trigger there's nothing to change on that rifle.

With the TriggerTeck trigger being available I changed from use Mauser action over to 700 Rem Action. Only buy in serial no's end A,B, or C. nothing beyond that. I have had purchased a new action 700 for a build.

Thanks to everyone for the replies. It will be a couple of weeks but I'm pretty set on a 06. I have an elk hunt coming up this fall and I think it will be perfect. Thanks again.