• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Rem Model 7 350 Rem Mag w/Brake

LDHunter

No más no más.... I'm gonna pull this listing in a day or so and take it somewhere else....

I have been advised that I didn't mention that this is a Remington Custom Shop rifle and that the barrel is actually a Remington Custom Shop barrel so only the brake was put on by JD Jones and I have it at a gunsmith right now to determine if the brake is removeable and to look it over for any problems before selling it.

About 15 years ago I bought a 350 Rem Mag Model 7 because I intended to go on a bear hunt and never got around to it and frankly probably never will so I'm selling it. JD Jones put on a brake shortly after it was bought. The barrel is 22" and the brake makes it 24".

The stock is the highly prized original Brown Precision which is one of the best stocks ever made. Later the Custom Shop started using McMillan stocks. The butt pad is a Pachmayr White Line Field Pad and it seems to do the job.

Somewhere around here I have a set of dies for it and about 50 pieces of new brass and no I won't separate them from the rifle.

I'd like to get $1200 with the dies and brass and lets say I'll have my FFL ship it to your FFL and don't know what that will cost me but that will be over and above the $1200. I'll ask him but he might not answer til tomorrow. I'm in Tallahassee so we could meet if you're close.

BTW... Not interested in trades so don't bother to ask unless it's a new Ford Raptor Pickup. I miss mine that I sold 3 years ago. ;)

Anyway... I know y'all like pictures and here are a few.

350 Rem Mag Sale Full Right Pic.jpg

350 Rem Mag Sale Full Left Pic.jpg

350 Rem Mag Sale Reciever Left Pic.jpg

350 Rem Mag Butt Pad Side.jpg
350 Rem Mag Butt Pad Rear.jpg

350 Rem Mag Floor Plate.jpg

Last edited:
I found a lot more brass than I remembered having. It came with the rifle when I bought it. Here are 5 boxes of new unfired brass totaling 100 pieces. Also the dies are RCBS and include an FL sizing and a seating die.

Note that I will not separate the brass or dies from the rifle.

350RM Brass and Dies Sale.jpg

I've modified the listing to reflect the fact that I've been advised that the barrel is, in fact, a Remington barrel so it was undoubtedly put on by the Custom Shop as a special order or it was rebarreled by them. The brake was put on by JD Jones. See my first post in this thread.

Sorry for the confusion.

I have decided to modify my price to $1200 including shipping to the Continental US. It will be from my FFL dealer to your FFL dealer unless you live in north Florida in which case we can do a face to face transfer.

The brass cartridge cases will be shipped directly to your home from my home at no extra cost.

Clear as mud? LOL

Couple of questions.

Did you purchase this rifle used or new? Reason I'm asking is to see if you know how many rounds down the tube?

Also, the recoil pad looks somewhat ugly. Is that the way it came from Remington or was that put on later?

Thanks,

Last edited:
Stock looks cut ? Someone then put on that thick recoil pad ? What is lop to the end of the stock please. Any loaded ammo?

Couple of questions.

Did you purchase this rifle used or new? Reason I'm asking is to see if you know how many rounds down the tube?

Also, the recoil pad looks somewhat ugly. Is that the way it came from Remington or was that put on later?

Thanks,
I purchased it used and he told me he had put about 100 rounds through it and the recoil was too much for him at about 80 rounds and had the brake and the recoil pad put on. He still didn't like the recoil and was going to buy a 308 but was in the middle of a divorce and wanted to hide his money and guns from his soon to be ex wife.

I agree that the recoil pad looks wonky but if you take your time with an exacto knife and some sandpaper you could probably improve the looks.

I only fired a few rounds through it the month I got it and cleaned it and put it away thinking I'd do load work when I was getting ready to go on a hunt but that never happened.

I'm getting rid of a few safe queens and going to be going to the range more and hunting less.

I don't know if the stock was cut or not but will measure it tonight if I don't get home too late but it might be in the morning as I sometimes have to work pretty late.

He sent me some of his reloads but I'm not willing to sell them due to potential liability issues. I'll pull the bullets and dump them and dump out the powder and fire the primers and eventually sell the brass or recycle it.

If you want to talk to me you can text at 850-508-1934. If you call before you text then my phone won't ring and it will just go to voicemail. If you text first then I will put you in my address book and then my phone will ring if you call.

Make sense?

Bob Monahan
Tallahassee FL 32310
850-508-1934

Oh crap.... I just realized my gunsmith has it to get the brake off so I can truly say it's a removeable brake. I tried and quit before I bent, scratched or broke something..

The problem is that my gunsmith is now on Anna Maria Island at a conference and won't be back until Sunday evening. I should know by Monday morning and will measure it then.

The rifle is in a KS stock (Kevlar stock) that came from the Remington custom shop as I bought one for my son in 7mm-08 years ago. The serial number should indicate this as a custom shop rifle. The recoil pad is not factory as they came with a black rubber butt pad.

My sons rifle has a 20" factory barrel. The barrel on this rifle appears longer; guessing 22" without the brake.

The Model Sevens are great light weight rifles and the 6 I own are all good shooters. A friend picked up the same rifle in standard factory form and I've shot it with 180 grain Barnes had loads and I don't think the recoil was bad at all.
Skibbyshot,

Number one you're calling me a liar on my rifle I'm selling.

Number two you don't have any idea what you're talking about.

The Custom Shop put Brown Precision stocks on their Model Sevens before they went to using McMillan and after McMillan they have used other stock makers.

The Brown Precision stocks have a totally different feel and sound when you tap them than the McMillan stocks and if you ever have to open up the barrel channel on one you'll find that they are WAAAAAY harder to open up because the material is way tougher than the McMillan stocks. It takes about 5-10 times longer with sandpaper and a dowel to sand the barrel channel bigger. They were all painted with this same camo pattern too as far as I know.

I think you should do your research before disrespecting my listing of this rifle or anybody's for that matter.

I have owned several Model Sevens with McMillan stocks and several with Brown Precision stocks and the differences are marked.

Nuff said....

Something else that points to this being a Custom Shop rifle is the serial number has it being built way before they put magnum bolt faces on Model Seven bolts except for 350 Rem Mags and back then there were no Model Sevens that were chambered for 350 Rem Mag except for Custom Shop rifles.

The coating on the barrel and other metal work is consistent with Custom Shop coating as well.

It used to be quite common to have the barrel lengths vary on Custom Shop barrels. I have a couple of them that I had made for me a the Custom Shop in Ilion NY and I could have the barrels any length I wanted.

Ldhuntet - I'm sorry that you were offended by by comments. That was not my intent at all. Read the praise of them in the last paragraph.

I do not know who made the sticks for them. The standard model seven FS stocks are different from yours (which is a KS from the custom shop in Ilion, I've lived 10 miles from the factory in Ilion for all my life). The FS stocks do not have a cheek piece and they do not have the rounded grip. These 2 physical features are the distinguishing differences.

Again, I do NOT know who made either of these synthetic stocks for Remington. The FS models were made I think from 1986 - 1988 or so. The custom shop KS models were available for a much longer period.

My intent in the original post was to help clarify that I'm sure this IS a custom shop rifle and is a very worthy purchase. Sorry to have offended…

Ldhuntet - I'm sorry that you were offended by by comments. That was not my intent at all. Read the praise of them in the last paragraph.

I do not know who made the sticks for them. The standard model seven FS stocks are different from yours (which is a KS from the custom shop in Ilion, I've lived 10 miles from the factory in Ilion for all my life). The FS stocks do not have a cheek piece and they do not have the rounded grip. These 2 physical features are the distinguishing differences.

Again, I do NOT know who made either of these synthetic stocks for Remington. The FS models were made I think from 1986 - 1988 or so. The custom shop KS models were available for a much longer period.

My intent in the original post was to help clarify that I'm sure this IS a custom shop rifle and is a very worthy purchase. Sorry to have offended…
Thanks for your apology and clarification. By the way... The McMillan stocks were supposedly Kevlar but in reality they were mostly fiberglass with some Kevlar stringers for strengthening. They are, in fact, excellent stocks though and I own several of them as well as a few of the AWR (Alaska Wilderness Stocks) which came on the magnum versions of the Model Sevens several years after. These were typically chambered in 300SAUM and 7mmSAUM and I have a couple of them too.

Despite the fact that Remington didn't manufacture the stocks they owned the molds for the KS stocks and no matter who manufactured them they weren't allowed to sell them to anyone but Remington. Hence the stark similarity in the KS stocks no matter who made them. I simply LOVE that stock design and fit and feel.

By the way... I think you're more recoil resistant than I am if you don't mind the recoil of a Model Seven in 350RM. LOL

My first exposure to a 350RM was in the predecessor to the Model Seven called a Model 660 Magnum. It had a
wooden stock and kicked like a mule. I had 11 long guns stolen in 1986 and that was the only one of the bunch that I didn't miss. Here is a bit of Remington Model 600 and the later 660 history for those of you that might be interested.

OK.... I'm rambling and most people reading this thread have probably become bored and moved on.

I'll be selling a Model 700AWR in 375H&H with removeable brake and a full camo Thompson Encore with a 50cal muzzleloader barrel and a completely camo painted Model 700 in 243 soon too. If any of you are interested please PM me rather than making this sale thread more complicated.

Thanks for the article link. And, I also have a Model 600 in 350 RM! I don't find that hurtful to shoot with 200 grain Hornady interlocks! I've taken a few deer with it, although it's mostly a safe queen these days.

Thanks for the article link. And, I also have a Model 600 in 350 RM! I don't find that hurtful to shoot with 200 grain Hornady interlocks! I've taken a few deer with it, although it's mostly a safe queen these days.
OMG!!! You're a glutton for punishment. I would NEVER touch off another round from a 600 or 660 in 350RM. Call me a sissy if you want but that's just too much pounding for me and I'm 5'10" and 200 pounds with almost no fat and work out all the time.

BTW... Watch out for torn/detached retina from shooting heavy kicking rifles. Don't ask me how I know....