Rem 700 UML & the New H340ELDX šŸ˜šŸ¤™

Thanks guys! If you go with the Arrowhead breechplug, can you use smokeless powder?
No. Luke does rate (edit to add: the gun itself isn't rated for smokeless) it for smokeless. Most will tell you it's the barrel steel that limits its use to non-smokeless. Upgrading the plug doesn't make the gun smokeless compatible.

Last edited:
No. Luke does not rate it for smokeless. Most will tell you it's the barrel steel that limits its use to non-smokeless.

The Gen 2 LRMP are absolutely for smokeless.

The Gen 2 LRMP are absolutely for smokeless.
I'm actually referring to the Rem 700 UML, so I need to edit my post to be more clear.

I was just linking to Arrow head's page for smokeless barrels with the LRMP modules to show that the modules are compatible with smokeless. Your stock barrel is absolutely NOT rated for smokeless.

I know the breech plug and modules are rated for smokeless. The barrel is what I wasn't positive on. I understand that in order to go to smokeless, the barrel would need to be changed.
Thanks again.

Not to hijack, but I did buy one of the smokeless barrels from Arrowhead and the accuracy was stunning. Literally a 1 hole gun. Admittedly, 45 cal is a big hole, ha, but it will shoot one ragged hole at 100 all day long. It's almost unbelievable.

Not to hijack, but I did buy one of the smokeless barrels from Arrowhead and the accuracy was stunning. Literally a 1 hole gun. Admittedly, 45 cal is a big hole, ha, but it will shoot one ragged hole at 100 all day long. It's almost unbelievable.
Kinda like my Rem 700 UML? šŸ¤“

I've seen plenty of evidence, plus my gunsmith builds some smokeless ML's in 45 he says all shoot one hole at 100.

Kinda like my Rem 700 UML? šŸ¤“

I've seen plenty of evidence, plus my gunsmith builds some smokeless ML's in 45 he says all shoot one hole at 100.
I didn't know this type of accuracy with a ML was common at all. I did it for the velocity and so I wouldn't have to worry so much about cleaning and corrosion. The accuracy was a very pleasant surprise.

Buttermilk, nice shooting! Hope the bullet works well for you.

Buttermilk and other UML owners with laminate stocks:

Be forewarned the front swivel stud is a wood screw with only a few threads holding it into the stock! There is little wood there due to the ramrod fitting just above. I strongly suggest you epoxy in a tapped plate and use a machine screw type front swivel stud before the wood screw pulls out. I was lucky and it pulled out while using a harris bipod at the range. It could have been worse, letting go while hunting with the rifle hitting the ground.

Last edited: