Rem 700 blue printed or custom

I had a couple Stillers, a TAC 300, and a predator. Sold them both before building anything. Went to the Bighorn TL3/SR3 actions. Beautiful actions! No flaws, no complaints, very happy with them.

Curtis was at 750 but have now gone North of 1k. I have one and love it. My other two builds are tried model 700's with Neil Jones tuned factory triggers. Like said above a custom action won't compensate for a bad barrel or poor machine work.

That being said I believe my next will be a proprietary action by APR based on an improved version of the old LAW action. At $800 it fits in between buying and truing a doner vs a high end custom like Defiance or such.

Having said that, you already have a doner you could build on or sell to fund a custom. If you go with a custom priced like the APR or similar it's a wash either way money wise. I've done the math.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.