Recommended Snake-proof boots

dgpcpa

Good LRH Readers:
Not all of us hunt where we need snake boots. But I find it may be time that I strongly consider taking that precaution. What are the group's recommendation for the most comfortable, yet effective, snake boots - brand, model, etc.?

IMG_7071.png

The only snake proof boots I have tried are the Irish Setters. Never have been bit so I can't say if they truly work. I like the fact that they lace up, and light. I hunt in the middle of summer in California and there are snakes everywhere in A zone. As far as being comfortable they don't give me blisters but I probably should change the insoles. When I looked at 338 Dude advise those boots look very nice and even have a zipper and are much cheaper. My only advice is if you think you need them you should probably buy them.
Good luck with the hunt for new boots,
Jason

In South Tx it is a must for snake boots, almost year round. Hands down the most popular brand is Chippewa. Most comfortable and last longest. My only issue with them, being a chunky dude, is that they don't make boot tops big enough for big calves and jeans to fit inside. I wear custom boots that fit my legs for that reason..

Check out Snake Guardz. https://snakeguardz.com/ I wear them all the time in Arizona hiking when its warm and early fall hunting. Easy on and easy off. Wear your regular boots and have at it.
These look great. I wear something similar when hunting in California

Got bit a few years back while hunting deer on Catalina Island off the coast of Southern California. It F'n hurt! After that, I started wearing this protection if/when hunting in rattlesnake country. They are really comfortable and easy to use. Work great in snow, thick brush, etc. as well.

Recent Posts