Recommended Night head Lamp

Ledlenser lights are pretty awsome, watch for sales and you can get some good deals. Thier 19R signature is crazy bright with swappable rechargeable batteries.

Well I been cooped up in the House for almost a week .. down with the Sickness .
Need to get to town today I'm behind on.a few things .

My Brother his Wife and i are going to do a Predator Hunt Contest and im lacking a few small things .
I really want to use a Rum but my Brother tells me I'm crazy ! Ha ha
I told him I'm not going to eat them and the hide would look Cool hanging on the shop wall with a big hole in it !

Anyway Thank you guys for any and all the help !

Rum Man

Boruit is the best I've had.It will run about 4hrs at max out put on two 18650 rechargeable batteries that are smaller than a C battery.The batteries are cheap and it' easy to carry an extra set if you need it.The ones I have are three white lights,they even make them now with secondary red,green and blue lights.It is a comfortable wear too.

I have some cheap scanner headlamp from Amazon. Under $30, adjustable beam, rechargeable and works great… I did have to super glue the battery cover on as it kept falling off. Otherwise no problems

Looks like I just about have everything ready for this coming weekends Contest !
Maybe a double check on zeros for the rifles.
Hit the trails today in the truck just looking at a few spots I have in mind to try out. Seen fresh yote tracks and spotted some fox tracks in a different area . Happy about that !
I also found a few other spots we will call at !
All in all great day out .
Got the 223 ar set up with a night light on it and the 243 and 6.5 creed ready too !

Rum Man

I use the Fenix HM61R headlamp
1600 lumens lights everything up. Red mode for setting up in the dark. Included battery lasts a long time and is USB rechargable with any charger.

Picked a couple of these last year, work great!!
they have a 10% off deal popup

T.P.

This is what I have used for a long time and it still works fine. Now they have a more expensive one that switches colors between red, green and white.

As I look at the post above ...I'm thinking that 1600 lumens is that almost classified as daylight?? Holy Smokes that's one heck of a Light !!
Thank you !

Rum Man

1600lumens pretty much is daylight. You wont want to run it long on max or it will drain the batteries but its there if you need it, it will light up across a meadow for a good ways. Most of the time I run it on medium which is more than enough for camp work or hiking at night. I bought an extra USB battery for when I take it backpacking the two will last me well over 5 days of nightly use.
Their small tactical and EDC handheld flashlights are even brighter but I find after 2000 lumens my eye cant really tell. They are well built and will last forever.

Bright isn't always best:

Generally when I am working on the road I am running my light at 150'ish lumens. The light helps me look at detail and also be seen by heavy equipment operators and the public. When I hike in the dark for hunting, I'm using about the same lumens. Having the light right on your forehead can present some problems. In the outdoors, the bright light seems to reflect off of dust or moisture particles, it become an issue with the reflection right in your face. Also bugs are attracted to the light. I do keep a small flashlight in my pocket and will use it on occasion, as the beam of light can be very effective when it isn't right near your face. I often run my light on "amber", doesn't attract bugs and I can still see pretty good.

400-lumens gives pretty good spot lighting and will light up an animal's eyes at 300+ yards without any problem.

For reference, the brightness of vehicle headlights are:
A halogen headlight typically has a lumen rating of about 700 on the low beam and 1,200 on the high beam. On the other hand, an LED headlight has a lumen within the range of 2,000 to 4,000, and xenon or HID averages about 3,500 lumens.