Recap of the URSA NorCal Mar ‘24 event + change in 2024 3K date

ELR Researcher

Mar 20, 2024 - Recap of the URSA NorCal Mar '24 event (by RD, Lynn Dragoman; build info and notes from Oscar) + reschedule of the 2024 "URSA 3000 Yard Challenge" to April 28th

Shooters - My .375 Cheytac was shooting poorly and it took me until Thursday before the match to solve that issue, giving me very little time to reload. A fellow .375 shooter gave me his load and bullets that shot well enough to give me a win in the first match ...but more importantly, I qualified for the 3K, where I will shoot my new load and seating depth. Thank you "Billy The Kid" for the ammo. Calshipbuilder was Runner-Up.

It was a good bunch of shooters and Amanda, shooting the gun she won last year, hit 6 out of 10 during qualifying at 2147 yards for her second achievement point. The lady is a good shooter and spotter and she congratulates everyone on a hit. She qualified for the 3K last month.

RickyRacer87 took home the win in the second match over Calshipbuilder at 2600 yards using his 33xc. Both qualified for the 3K last month.

We are rescheduling our April match (the annual 3K) to the 4th Sunday of the month, April 28th, so Ken Eng and I can shoot our 50's at the FCSA match in Reno.on the 21st, an accommodation requested by the FCSA.Match Director. We will hold the final 3K qualifying session on Saturday (27th), then shoot the 3K on Sunday (28th). Saturday's qualifying session will only be open to shooters who have yet to qualify!!!

Match 1 Winner, Lynn, was shooting 390 gr Hornady A-Tips out of his Tamagni-barreled .375 CT with Stiller 1.600 TAC 408 (TAC DRIVER) action, Bartlein 36" barrel, McMillan LBR stock, March 5-42 Wide Angle High Master scope, and Burris XTR rings on a 70 MOA Pic rail.

Match 1 (and Match 2) Runner-up, Calshipbuilder, was shooting 299 gr. (David Tubb) DTAC's (with nose ring) out of his 3D Precision-built 33XC with Barnard PL action, 32" Bartlein barrel, McMillan A5 stock, and Tangent Theta 5-25x56 scope with Spuhr rings on a 45 MOA Barnard rail.

Match 2 Winner was shooting 299 gr. (David Tubb) DTAC's (with nose ring) out of his Billy Goat Machine-built 33XC with BGM Ovis (Defiance Deviant Tactical) action, 32" Bartlein barrel, Manners T-5A stock, and Nightforce 7-35x56 ATACR scope on ERATAC 0-70 MOA base and rings.

Amanda was shooting 300 gr. Hornady A-Tips out of her Savage 110 FCP HS Precision (factory action and stock) with 32" Bartlein barrel, chambered in .338 LM Improved by Jim's Precision, and Nightforce 7-35x56 ATACR scope on ERATAC 0-70 MOA base and rings (on the 30 MOA Savage factory rail).

Pics added to Gallery.

Recent Posts