Ready to load brass

Totally false!

Nosler brass is just Norma brass with Nosler headstamp & packaging.
So what is the spread of weights in a box of 50 Nosler then??

Lapua has the records on the scoreboard :D
Ummmm....yep.

You obviously know very little about the brass currently available.
I use Lapua brass, including 300 pieces of Norma made 300WM brass with Lapua headstamp...they still require deburring, flash hole conditioning and trimming.

Anyway...totally false.
Not all winning competitors use Lapua by the way.

The one thing I dread is prepping brass for reloading. One, I am not a fan of it and two, I do not have the time for it.
I have the same problem, more or less. What I do when my ambition is at low-ebb is to do just part of the job. I'll wash off the range dirt, and dry on one night. The next I'll manually deprime & resize. The third night I'll tumble and dry. The fourth, I'll trim and chamfer-- and may even go so far as to prime. Then they're all ready for powder and bullet, and I have not sat at my bench for hours & hours, mired in boredom and frustration with the huge pile of cases in front of me. Spreading out the workload over time keeps the job from becoming tedious. The above works for me; it's easy to adjust what you do to make it work for you...

The one thing I dread is prepping brass for reloading, one I am not a fan of it and two I do not have the time for it. So my questions is, what brand has it's brass ready to load, that does not need to be trimmed, chambered and deburred.

TIA
44B864B8-87A5-417C-8E52-A5C3B557412B.jpeg

Ummmm....yep.

You obviously know very little about the brass currently available.
I use Lapua brass, including 300 pieces of Norma made 300WM brass with Lapua headstamp...they still require deburring, flash hole conditioning and trimming.

Anyway...totally false.
Not all winning competitors use Lapua by the way.
With guys running Peterson in 338 Lapua in ELR matches apparently he thinks in 1986. IDK how many are not using Peterson in Kof2miles etc but it's not many.

I think when the norma is used up in the 7mm-08 I will try the Peterson brass. Heard nothing but good about them and they are made in USA. Don't care if they are ready to load as I will still check everything and use my normal step by step method.

Brass prep will always be there. Have to do some sort of cleaning. Eventually may have to trim. Always removing/adding primers.

Yeah, just trying to avoid mostly the initial trimming and what comes with if, again not a fan of it but I just dont have time for it.

Ill try Peterson for the 7-08 and Norma for my 7mm Rem Mag

Thanks all for the information

Nosler has required less prep than most for me. I check the flash holes to make sure they're deburred and neck size. Wish Lapua made brass for a greater variety of cartridges. I utterly hate when my cheapo nephew brings Winchester brass to load for his rifle.

Nosler has required less prep than most for me. I check the flash holes to make sure they're deburred and neck size. Wish Lapua made brass for a greater variety of cartridges. I utterly hate when my cheapo nephew brings Winchester brass to load for his rifle.
Maybe his Uncle will get him some good brass for his B-Day. ;)

The one thing I dread is prepping brass for reloading, one I am not a fan of it and two I do not have the time for it. So my questions is, what brand has it's brass ready to load, that does not need to be trimmed, chambered and deburred.

TIA
My thoughts are brass is to reloading like a foundation is to a house if you start with junk you end up with junk the time it takes for brass prep is always worth it no matter how much we dislike it

My thoughts are brass is to reloading like a foundation is to a house if you start with junk you end up with junk the time it takes for brass prep is always worth it no matter how much we dislike it

I agree, just having issue mostly with time to get it done.

I just finished some loads that I am testing this Sunday for my 7mm-08's with the 154gr SST, and I've trying to get this done for almost 3 months now.

Between my job, my wife business and my son, I've hardly have time for anything so just looking for something that will save me some time.

But I agree that its worth it, for me the satisfaction of taking game with something I prepped from the start is most gratifying.

I agree, just having issue mostly with time to get it done.

I just finished some loads that I am testing this Sunday for my 7mm-08's with the 154gr SST, and I've trying to get this done for almost 3 months now.

Between my job, my wife business and my son, I've hardly have time for anything so just looking for something that will save me some time.

But I agree that its worth it, for me the satisfaction of taking game with something I prepped from the start is most gratifying.
Try the Peterson brass then it is about the best I have found for quality and ease of prep

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.