RCBS

Good evening! I read in the current American Rifleman that Hodgdon has acquired
RCBS. Hope it works out for them.
The interesting part of the whole thing is that the guy that used to be in charge of customer service at RCBS is a close friend of mine. He left RCBS a few years ago and went to work for Hodgdon as a western regional manager. They just put him back in charge of RCBS to straighten them out as well as his other duties. He indicated that the folks from Bushnell ( another Vista Company) had been running RCBS and it was a bit of a mess. He said it may take a little time but it will get fixed. I have known the guy for many years and he will get it done.

This is great news. Although I was still getting good service from RCBS, it will become even better again. Especially since a big portion of Vista Outdoors is up for sale and is currently negotiating with a company called "The Czechoslovakia group". This would include CCI & Speer. This group is a defense company out of Prague.

Glad to see RCBS joining with Hodgen.

The interesting part of the whole thing is that the guy that used to be in charge of customer service at RCBS is a close friend of mine. He left RCBS a few years ago and went to work for Hodgdon as a western regional manager. They just put him back in charge of RCBS to straighten them out as well as his other duties. He indicated that the folks from Bushnell ( another Vista Company) had been running RCBS and it was a bit of a mess. He said it may take a little time but it will get fixed. I have known the guy for many years and he will get it done.
As a compliment to your friend, I always was completely satisfied with customer service when I called them

Curious as to what we're the problems with RCBS under Vista?
Vista owns Federal and Speer and CCI. All of the "smaller" companies took a back seat to the ammo manufacturing and a lot of the management team was split between several companies. Many never got the attention or financial backing they deserved. Vista finally realized they were ammo makers and started selling off companies like BlackHawk, Bushnell and RCBS to companies that will hopefully better support them. RCBS was just one of the victims of that program. I think the company will mean a lot more to a company like Hodgdon because it's a company of the same ilk.

Good evening! I read in the current American Rifleman that Hodgdon has acquired
RCBS. Hope it works out for them.
I've not had any specific problems with RCBS equipment in the past few years, but trying to actually speak with anyone there has been a big hassle. A week for a call back is a bit much! Hope it works out.