RCBS, Hornady, Redding, or Forster Dies

fnlights

What dies does everyone out there like? I own RCBS and Hornady, but not the other higher end ones. Anyone that has experience with both, any personal preferences? Are they worth the extra $? Looking for my long range hunting 300 win mag!

I buy Forster honed neck BR dies and have the expanders modified or make new one's. I know not everyone can do this, but you can order the size you want from Forster.
I find how a neck is worked and how the bullets are seated are the most important factor to accuracy.
I mostly use Redding comp seaters, but have a few Forster one's, you just can't use heavily compressed charges with the Forster.

Cheers.

Forster are my first choice. Picked up a Lyman 25-06 FL set the other day, polished them with JB bore paste and loaded up some nice rounds with them. Expander button has a nice taper to it and doesn't over work the necks. RCBS is my second choice followed by Redding.

What dies does everyone out there like? I own RCBS and Hornady, but not the other higher end ones. Anyone that has experience with both, any personal preferences? Are they worth the extra $? Looking for my long range hunting 300 win mag!
Redding

A199EDD7-519C-4358-823D-40BBB1A55772.jpeg

If your looking for a standard die set you may be able backorder a Forster set at Midsouth. I'm waiting on a 6 Creedmoore set to start a build.

I like Forster and RCBS. Forster for my primary hunting rifles and RCBS for everything else. Hate to be a dissenter, but I've not had good results with Hornady, especially the seating dies and I can buy Forster for just a bit more than Redding. The Redding body dies are the bomb.

These seem to be good dies for the price - Redding dies seem to be about $100 more for the Type S at MidSouth

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.