Rbros .300 Win Mag LWLR Hunter

Some specs on my Rbros .300 Win Mag. Some great looking rifles on here!

Rifle:
Rbros Rogue Action (Defiance)
Manners EH-1 Stock Pillar Bedded
Broughton 28" Barrel LWLR Contour
Turned Down 3 Port Brake
Jewell Trigger
Nightforce 20 MOA Rail
Nightforce Ultralight Rings
Premier Light Tactical 3-15x50 FFP Scope
Javelin Ultralight Carbon Fiber Bipod
Black Cerekote

Load:
Norma Brass
Federal 215M Primers
77 grains H-1000
Berger 215 Hybrid
ES 8fps

Very Nice Rifle... Any chance of you would be interested in selling it? If not, I will be ordering one from Travis.

Probably not. If I sold it, I would get another one in .300 WM or 28 Nosler, but with a Carbon barrel, and the wait again would be too much to take! You won't regret one though. They are hammers as is everything Travis makes. He built me another on a Lone Peak Arms Fuzion Ti action with Proof carbon barrel and stock, and I topped it with the new Zeiss V6 3-18x50. It's a hammer as well. Drew a Spring bear tag and will be using it for a bear here soon! Good luck with your rifle!

Probably not. If I sold it, I would get another one in .300 WM or 28 Nosler, but with a Carbon barrel, and the wait again would be too much to take! You won't regret one though. They are hammers as is everything Travis makes. He built me another on a Lone Peak Arms Fuzion Ti action with Proof carbon barrel and stock, and I topped it with the new Zeiss V6 3-18x50. It's a hammer as well. Drew a Spring bear tag and will be using it for a bear here soon! Good luck with your rifle!

Sounds good.... you not wanting to sell it after owning it for several years tells me that the gun will be worth the wait! Do you like the Proof carbon barrel better than the standard barrel that comes on the LW Long Range Hunter?

I like them both. Totally depends how you use it in my opinion. I hike a lot, and the rifle as it is now with the S&B PMII is 12 pounds if I recall. Without looking anything up, I think I could get a Proof barrel with the same setup down to 10 pounds or so. My 6.5 GAP is 8.5 pounds loaded, and shoots lights out with the Proof barrel. If hunting, especially hiking or backpack hunting was your primary goal, I'd at least talk to Travis about the proof. If mainly long range shooting with only a mile or two hikes in and out, the steel barrel he has is a hammer for sure!

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.