Rangefinder binos

westcoasthunter

Ok so i have the revic rangefinder and a pair of 10x42 SLC about 3yrs old. I like the idea of having everything in one.
I was thinking about the revic Acura BLR10b but i hear the glass sucks but laser is the best. Does anyone know how bad the glass really is? Is it comparable to the Swaro SLC?
The other one i was looking at is the swaro EL TA range i hear the laser is weak but the glass is top notch. I dont sit behind my binos for hrs on end glassing normally do that with my spotter . Or i can say screw it keep my rangefinder and get NL pures .lol so many options anyways thanks fir the help in advance

How far are you wanting to range and willing to shoot? I've had these rf binoculars Revic, Zeiss, Leica 3200, Leica pro, original el range and el with ta. The Revic glass isn't horrible but I didn't care for the feel of them much. Rangefinder seemed the best out of all. El ta's definitely has the least amount of distance for the range finder but I prefer its glass over the others. I think I got a 2030 yards this weekend but that is the furthest I can remember. I have never looked through the pures but I'm sure they are much better than any of these.

How far are you wanting to range and willing to shoot? I've had these rf binoculars Revic, Zeiss, Leica 3200, Leica pro, original el range and el with ta. The Revic glass isn't horrible but I didn't care for the feel of them much. Rangefinder seemed the best out of all. El ta's definitely has the least amount of distance for the range finder but I prefer its glass over the others. I think I got a 2030 yards this weekend but that is the furthest I can remember. I have never looked through the pures but I'm sure they are much better than any of these.
For hunting 1000 yards maybe 1100 . shooting maybe 1600-1800 yards but most of the Time 6-1000yards. I do alot of glass and go stuff . i dont ever really pick apart hill sides with my binos for hrs on end. Normally 1hr ish if i do. when i do longer i mostly use my swaro 95mm .

I will keep my revic rangefinder no matter what in my pack as a back up.

The NL pures will be hard to beat for quality when glassing. Glass in range finding binos will probably always suffer a little. If you really want a range finding bino, you might wait a little bit until the new vectronix starts to become available. How long? I'm not sure. I have a friend that put money down on them expecting to have them last month and he was just told that only 25% of them got shipped from the factory and he probably won't see his until December

I strongly considered range finding binoculars too, but in the end I went with separate units due to not wanting to sacrifice on the glass. I went with a Revic BR4 and NL Pures. Actual range finding is a very small percentage of the time in use, but glassing is most ALL the time. That was my reasoning anyway.

I have Leica HDBs woth range finder built in (as well as ballistic calculator) and I love them. Just thought I would throw that out there. Mine are a few years old so.they are the 2200s. I've ranged targets over 2000 on really clear days, but they usually get spotty for ranging at around 1750. The new ones are 3200s.

I have the Leica .com and both the Swarovski range and EL range TA. I had the original Leica BA until I left them on the cab of my guides truck and we found them the next morning after dozens of cars ran over them. I also have the Revic rangefinder. I like the Swarovski a lot more than the Leica .com. I also have all three Pure's in 10x, 12x and 14x. If I'm hunting where I know the range- I take the Pure. If I am not- I take the EL-TA. If I have someone with me- they take the EL-TA and I take the Pure.

The NL pures will be hard to beat for quality when glassing. Glass in range finding binos will probably always suffer a little. If you really want a range finding bino, you might wait a little bit until the new vectronix starts to become available. How long? I'm not sure. I have a friend that put money down on them expecting to have them last month and he was just told that only 25% of them got shipped from the factory and he probably won't see his until December
What is the glass quality supposed to be like?

Recent Posts