questions about an AR

Who told you this? I'd be curious to see if the horror stories are personal accounts, or whether they are all hearsay. Most of the Oly bashing is all he said she said crap from generations past.

I've been around a while and seen quite few Oly's operate. From personal experience, I can honestly state that not a single one has had the problems that are commonly rumored around the internet, in fact, quite the opposite. I've seen several of their least expensive rifles make guys shooting much higher priced AR's look like fools.

Their broach cut ultramatch barrels are of extreme quality for the price, and their buttoned barrels are no slouch either. I'm not saying they are the nicest, best machined AR's out there, but the OP's Oly could very well be the most accurate AR he will ever shoot.

It's like comparing the basic Savage bolt rifle to a Kimber bolt rifle. The Savage might not look the prettiest, but the on target results tell the real story.

That barrel seems to clean earier than any of my match grade after market barrels. I like the ten twist in an AR, but would still rather have a Savage in .223, or better yet my little 700VS
gary

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.