Question: REMINGTON Model # 85197 (A quasi M-24 Rifle)

AGL4now

Yes.....The Remington #85197 is not exactly a M-24 Rifle. But what is the market and market value of this rifle in As New in the Box condition.......??? I think it is a discontinued model in the 700 series of rifles. Does anyone own one......???

• Legendary Model 700 Stainless Steel Action featuring the "3-Rings of Steel" makes this the strongest action on the market.
• Black Cerakote finish for additional protection against the elements
• 5-R hammer-forged with tactical/target-style rifling like that used in famous M-24 military rifles for the utmost in shot-to-shot consistency
• 5-R increases barrel life and accuracy, causes less friction and bullet deformation
• Tactical bolt knob for easy bullet manipulation
• Six longitudinal LTR style flutes reduce barrel weight and increase heat dissipation
• H.S. Precision Sand color composite stock with black webbing features full-length aluminum bedding blocks for enhanced stability and shot-to-shot consistency
• Dual front swivel stud system for convenient mounting of bi-pod and sling
• X-Mark Pro externally adjustable trigger
• Silencer ready with 5/8x24 Threads

Remington 700 5R Gen 2 in 300 Win Mag.

Before Remington went under, they were around $1,000 +/-. As low as $900 and upwards of $1,200 depending on where you bought from. They alway caught me eye but I never bought one. All the reviews I read were positive. They seem to be shooters.

Just Google the part number + remington and you'll get all the info you need.

There's one in 6.5 Creedmoor on gunbroker.com. You can watch that and see if it sells for a bunch of money.

I'm going to watch the one on gunbroker. Frankly, it is probably a $1500-$1800 rifle nowadays. I would hate to pay over $1100 myself.

If it is accurate, you have a sweet rifle for $1100 + bedding + decent trigger. If it is a Remington cluster of crap, like they make sometimes, well, for $1500 more, somebody could get it to be a good rifle!

I love the rifle spec..common Remington action, good caliber, reasonably heavy barrel, stiff quality HS Precision stock, Cerakote over SS….If it shoots, wow!

Recent Posts