• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

PTG buyers beware. Better Business Bureau

I'd say my experience with pt&g gas been limited to go/no-go's and uni-throaters. Never been in a hurry as have to wait on barrels. So far all has come thru. Sad on Many companies that have this same problem! Tomorrow is a new say and hopefully better!

Since posting this PTG reached out and a notified me they had a couple barrels they could ship me and I took their offer to get squared up. I'll update when I actually receive them.

I have to say as an International PT&G customer, I have never been let down by them once. Now, I was a BUSINESS customer with an account, whether this is different or not, not sure, but since closing that account and as a private individual, I still get my orders of stainless bottom metal in good time. Their bottom metal is the best at the price, have used more expensive stuff, dimensioanally no difference and, I do all the polishing or blasting my self.
I don't use their reamers, I use Clymer or Manson and have used JGS a few times.
I did have to wait for blued steel versions of REM 700 SA bottom metal, they only had Obendorff style made at the time but they informed me of the wait, made the order, paid and waited. I even got a discount on each piece, which was a bonus…
I have used PT&G for close to 20 years.

Cheers.

How has their reamer quality been? I've heard bad things about shipping times but not quality. A friend just recently bought a rem 700 bolt and was so impressed with it he sent me pictures, fast shipping also.

I have to say as an International PT&G customer, I have never been let down by them once. Now, I was a BUSINESS customer with an account, whether this is different or not, not sure, but since closing that account and as a private individual, I still get my orders of stainless bottom metal in good time. Their bottom metal is the best at the price, have used more expensive stuff, dimensioanally no difference and, I do all the polishing or blasting my self.
I don't use their reamers, I use Clymer or Manson and have used JGS a few times.
I did have to wait for blued steel versions of REM 700 SA bottom metal, they only had Obendorff style made at the time but they informed me of the wait, made the order, paid and waited. I even got a discount on each piece, which was a bonus…
I have used PT&G for close to 20 years.

Cheers.
My GS has been dealing with PT&G for over 20 years, too, without any issues.

How has their reamer quality been? I've heard bad things about shipping times but not quality. A friend just recently bought a rem 700 bolt and was so impressed with it he sent me pictures, fast shipping also.
1725358723113.jpeg

The one on the left is a PT&G sizing reamer that I purchased last year for my custom rifle. My GS sent a modified spec from the Manson chamber reamer (left). The turnaround time and quality were good. I am very pleased with the end product.

I have bought many REM 700 bolts, complete & fluted as well as cocking pieces, bolt handles, Sako style extractors and the list goes on. Never had to send parts back either, can't say that for a lot of companies.

Cheers.

I don't buy them unless I have too. Manson is my first choice. They all turn at half the torque of PTGs. Most of my PTG reamers are "grabby" or do not have as good take clearance and "drag" in the chamber. Just creates extra torque and heat. None of my Manson reamers do that. Somewhere around 2011ish they changed. My reamers dated 2010 and older cut pretty good. A warranty doesn't matter two $&@#s if a reamer breakers in the middle of reaming a customers barrel. Is the barrel is still good, you still have to wait for a replacement reamer. Never broke or even been scared by a Manson, Clymer or JGS reamer. But I have sweated my way through enough PTG chambers to know the difference.

Recent Posts