private SW MS 900 yds range

Sw Ms Range

Good Day Everyone,

Just joined and would like to say very nice forum. I have been member of the "hide" for a long time and hope to get some knowledge from here also.

Hey Eddybo--Thanks for offering such a good place to shoot. I get back in the states around 26th this month. I would love to meet up so I can get some data on my 375CT. Also I am planning a trip to Shreveport La and give the new 1000yd range as well as all the other ranges at the new Longe Range Alley gunclub.

Thanks--Louis Corkern

Well come on down whenever you get the chance Louis. Let me know what you hear about shreveport....thats close enough for me to attend matches if they have any.

Shooting

I will contact you when I get in. I live in Springfield but born and raised in Franklinton. I spoke with range people in Shreveport and they have all kind of matches. Every week one sort or another.

Thanks--Louis Corkern

Long Range in MS

Fellow 601s,228s & 662s,
I just joined this forum today and really had no idea that there is so many folks in MS that are interested in Long Range shooting. I have been shooting Long Range for about 12 or so years with a semi-custom M700 VSSF. But this year I received my first Custom IBS 1000 yard Light Gun and started shooting comps. I shot two matches at Hawk's Ridge in NC and it is a long way from South MS to Ferguson. The range in Pascagoula is supposed to be getting ready to host IBS 600 BR matches and possibly 1000 yard. Some of you guys need to contact the club there and start asking questions about matches. I have a couple of bubbys here in Waynesboro that are going to shoot in the 600 matches if they ever start.

Baron,
If you hear any info on the matches let me know. One of my best shooting buddies has had some great sucess at 100-200 BR and now wants to get into LR BR. He says he is too old to lay on the ground unless they have some shade, but if they have covered benches he is in. We both shoot 600 yard f-class, and 100-200 benchrest, and are hunting more matches to stay busy.

Hey delta hunter,
Where do you hunt in Tallahatchie county? I live in Madison, but I hunt at my wife's grandparents place on Tallaha road just out of Charleston. And if you are hunting around me, you know that is more hill country than delta. Anyway, I hope to see you around up there sometime.

I know a great palce to shoot in Tallahatchie county...how far you wanna stretch it out...I figure you can get 1800yds easily off the bench....wide open and flat! Just north of Tippo.

Nyles, I didn't think anybody else knew where Tippo was, except for those that live there. :) It's so small you know. I pass through Tippo on the way to my hunting camp. I'm originally from Charleston, BTW, and know several people from the Tippo area.

dkweeks, I hunt farther south and to the west of Tallaha road. It's west of hwy 35 and a little north of hwy 8. It's in the Delta, but we can see the hills from there. If you're hunting off of Tallaha road, you're definitely in the hills. I spent a lot of time tearing up that road when I was younger. There was a certain young lady who lived up that way that I was pretty fond of :).

Criss(owners)....1500 acres between Charleston and Tippo on the left bout 5 miles down from the co-op whatever hwy that is.

900 yd Range in SW MS

Where is your range?Is it @ Mesa or farther up.Palo Alto R&P club in Donaldsonville,LA has F class matches on 1st Sat.a chap in Ruth has a range also,dont know how long.believe hes an atty in McComb,shoots F class w us @Palo Alto.Thanks.BEST,kim

Kim...thats me. I just saw your post. I have been looking at the forums in "new post mode" and guess I missed it because I went deer hunting in VA for a week. I dont think I am going to make it to Palo Alto this coming Saturday becasue we are shooting BR at Adrians on Sunday. Look forward to shooting with you again.

Man I'm Jealous

Hello, this is a new member going googoo over that range. I just want to be prepared to shoot to four hundred yards or more. I want to be ready when the duty is called for to shoot at whitetails at longer ranges ethically.
Why don't you have a shoot and get a few members to come over and share Shooting Ideas.
Wow, my personal range is forty minutes away. The mosquitos feel like helicopters buzzing you while shooting. I usually get about one fifty for ranges. Yours would be great practice.
Happy shooting..

:eek:

Where in MS?

Just wondering what town you are near. I live in Raleigh, MS. The lane looks good. The tall trees along the lane should help in keeping the wind down.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.