Primers "Too Dry ???"

tribb

I was just wondering if you can keep primers to dry using those drying agents I forget what they're called my buddy stores his in ammo cans with a small bag of it in there. I'm wondering about long-term will it take too much moisture out of the primers any thoughts on this please

I was just wondering if you can keep primers to dry using those drying agents I forget what they're called my buddy stores his in ammo cans with a small bag of it in there. I'm wondering about long-term will it take too much moisture out of the primers any thoughts on this please
Desiccant. Do a search, there are quite a few ways to store them with varying claims of which one is proper. Good luck!

..I've used primers that were decades old and stored under about every condition imaginable with zero misfires in 6 decades of reloading..
Thanks
I don't think there's any moisture in primers to begin with.
Great point had not thought of that! I live in Florida and sometimes it becomes necessary to leave before a hurricane blows your house down so to speak and I have to move them with me so they will be exposed to more than normal moisture at some point I'm sure! I'm trying to figure out a way to store them so I can remove any moisture that they may have gained in that process. If they have no moisture in them you surely can not over dry them I don't suppose!

About the best containers I have found are ammo cans. I store all my rimfire ammo in them. And they have handles.

I also store my Prairie dog ammo in them. Open it up and it smells like fresh gunpowder. (That and Hoppies are what car air freshners should smell like ans don't forget empty shotshell hulls)

About the best containers I have found are ammo cans. I store all my rimfire ammo in them. And they have handles.

I also store my Prairie dog ammo in them. Open it up and it smells like fresh gunpowder. (That and Hoppies are what car air freshners should smell like ans don't forget empty shotshell hulls)
I love the smell of fired 22 short fires brass takes me back to 1955. Life was so good! I surely miss that time.

Recent Posts