Premium 22LR Rifles

If you ever get them in in LH 22 you will have to post that.

So far my only option in LH repeater is Vudoo as Anschutz doesn't ,make the model 54 in LH repeater. The 1727 Striaght pull I have is however an option and a great shooting rife. Problem is they are 4 grand stocked in walnut, and even a barrelled action is 3, if you want to use a different tactical type stock. None of the great shooting rifles are cheap, especially for lefties.
We won't be getting any more lefties. They just sit around forever.

-----------
Follow on Instagram
Subscribe on YouTube
Amazon Affiliate

We won't be getting any more lefties. They just sit around forever.

-----------
Follow on Instagram
Subscribe on YouTube
Amazon Affiliate

I understand not wanting to keep expensive LH rifles as inventory. The number of buyers is pretty small to start with and when you get into the 5 to 7 thousand range for a 22 it shrinks even more. Is there somewhere I could order one from and have it built? if I decided I really want one? Thanks.

Well just shot my little 22 project at 50 yards. Not bad for a redneck. Shot the two top corners of the 1" yellow square then put the next 10 shots to the middle of the square.

IMG_2599.jpeg

Hey guys, I've been thinking about getting a really nice 22LR rifle in the future. My budget is preferably $1500 and under. Since building custom rifles for myself, I've had the urge to buy a high quality 22LR. My Uncle has a Kimber 82 with a fluted barrel and beautiful walnut stock and that rifle is what got me wanting a nice rimfire for myself. Having said that, it doesn't seem that Kimber makes their rimfire rifles anymore and the same with Ruger's 77/22, that I also like. I don't know much about rimfires and if the Kimbers and 77/22 Rugers were accurate and reliable. For those with experience owning, shooting, and handling the Kimber 82s and Ruger 77/22s give me your thoughts and opinions on those rifles please. Also, what other premium rimfires would you recommend in my price range? I see that Cooper makes a beautiful 22LR, but the price tag is a little more than I'd like to spend on a rimfire, but other than Cooper, I don't see many classic, higher end rimfires currently available. Thank you!
Personally, I love my CZ 457 MTR with the bull Barrel. Been shooting 6X8 inch metal pigs at 235 yards with great accuracy. In the $800 range, then I added a $700 Athlon Midas scope to it. BAM. your in your $1500 Range!

Last edited:
I have never shot a CZ rimfire, but their rifles are notoriously accurate. I have owned three Cooper 57M's and they were all super accurate. I still own two, a 22lr and 22wmr, both left handed, and both with phenomenal triggers. I haven't shot the lr much out to 200 yards, but the 22 mag does well at that distance if conditions are right. If you could find a used one it would probably be in your price range. I bought my 22lr when it was $900, and the mag was $1500. They were both new, but they've definitely gone up, and I'm not sure if they're back in production yet as they were sold to a guy in Arkansas I believe, but they really are amazing little rifles.

I wouldn't say implied if the OP didn't mention it and all through the post have been many other rifles mentioned than lightweight hunters.
Agreed~! The 77/22 is just a great .22RF in stock form. Some of the criticism here are valid, one being the trigger. But that's not a real expensive fix. I've seen and saved several diy articles on cleaning up the trigger, and I have an older article with photos on how to make a fully adjustable trigger.
They are getting pricey these days, but what isn't~? Mine was built in 1986, and I bought it used. I've only put a trigger shoe on it and shoot .311" @50 yds with two different inexpensive ammos. I've bought a bolt shim kit and plan on getting trigger work done and free floating the barrel. It ain't no bench-rest rifle, but it shoots pretty darned good~!!!

Agreed~! The 77/22 is just a great .22RF in stock form. Some of the criticism here are valid, one being the trigger. But that's not a real expensive fix. I've seen and saved several diy articles on cleaning up the trigger, and I have an older article with photos on how to make a fully adjustable trigger.
They are getting pricey these days, but what isn't~? Mine was built in 1986, and I bought it used. I've only put a trigger shoe on it and shoot .311" @50 yds with two different inexpensive ammos. I've bought a bolt shim kit and plan on getting trigger work done and free floating the barrel. It ain't no bench-rest rifle, but it shoots pretty darned good~!!!
If Ruger would fix their triggers, or someone like TriggerTech would make an aftermarket for them they would be an amazing rifle, rimfire, centerfire or whatever. I have just never been able to get a trigger fixed on one that suited me. I'm not the best shot by a big stretch and if the trigger has creep, or is heavy it just makes me worse. A buddy of mine shimmed his bolt in his 22 Hornet in Ruger 77, and it turned into a tack driver.

If Ruger would fix their triggers, or someone like TriggerTech would make an aftermarket for them they would be an amazing rifle, rimfire, centerfire or whatever. I have just never been able to get a trigger fixed on one that suited me. I'm not the best shot by a big stretch and if the trigger has creep, or is heavy it just makes me worse. A buddy of mine shimmed his bolt in his 22 Hornet in Ruger 77, and it turned into a tack driver.
If you search around you'll find several articles on cleaning up that trigger and reducing the weight of pull. I also have an M-77 in .223 in which I had a Timney installed. The smith also reduced the lowest adjustable pull on the Timney to about 1.5 lbs and that has made it an extremely enjoyable firearm.

If you search around you'll find several articles on cleaning up that trigger and reducing the weight of pull. I also have an M-77 in .223 in which I had a Timney installed. The smith also reduced the lowest adjustable pull on the Timney to about 1.5 lbs and that has made it an extremely enjoyable firearm.
I've never seen one they got all the creep out of. They make them light, but it seems like it drags on and on before it breaks. CZ factory triggers are fantastic, I know Ruger could do the same. The set trigger on my CZ .223 is literally ounces, and that was straight from the factory. I'm 61 years old and Ruger has been making the same horrible triggers all my life, at least a Remington 700 could be cleaned up and break clean at less than two pounds. My problem is I know the technology is available, I just don't understand why they don't utilize it. I'd probably own three or four of their rifles if they would fix it. I love their pistols, and I do have a custom shop left hand 10/22, but I haven't shot it enough yet to know what it is capable of. The trigger is not bad though.

I've never seen one they got all the creep out of. They make them light, but it seems like it drags on and on before it breaks. CZ factory triggers are fantastic, I know Ruger could do the same. The set trigger on my CZ .223 is literally ounces, and that was straight from the factory. I'm 61 years old and Ruger has been making the same horrible triggers all my life, at least a Remington 700 could be cleaned up and break clean at less than two pounds. My problem is I know the technology is available, I just don't understand why they don't utilize it. I'd probably own three or four of their rifles if they would fix it. I love their pistols, and I do have a custom shop left hand 10/22, but I haven't shot it enough yet to know what it is capable of. The trigger is not bad though.
Too bad you live so far away. I you were to shoot my .223 M77 with the Timney trigger you would surely change your mind.
I've found a really competent smith and I'm going to take my 77/22, some schematics and articles to him to work in its trigger. I"m looking for a clean, crisp, no creep, 1 to 1.5 lb trigger on it. With no modifications other than a trigger shoe it already shoots .311" at 50 yds.